No announcement yet.

US Railroad Boom [Long]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Columbus is where the homestead is, so I wouldn't call it a vacation, precisely.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Blue Jackets.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

They moved in after I moved out, but on principle alone I have to give a big to the Blue Jackets.

The Chill
        Last edited by DanS; February 13, 2008, 22:18.
        I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

I hope they are investing in making the ****ing trains not go throught ****ing city where we are trying to ****ing drive.
          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Birmingham is going to do nicely.
            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Interesting. It's amazing what happens with high fuel costs. Go rail.

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious
                I hope they are investing in making the ****ing trains not go throught ****ing city where we are trying to ****ing drive.
                Actually, in my town, they are trying to increase rail traffic at least four-fold right through the middle of town. Hazardous waste trains no less. The proletariat must revolt. (Well, actually the biggest opposition is from the bourgois medical center.)
                The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini

Actually, in my town, they are trying to increase rail traffic at least four-fold right through the middle of town. Hazardous waste trains no less. The proletariat must revolt. (Well, actually the biggest opposition is from the bourgois medical center.)
                  I say we ignore the trains and drive right through.
                  I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                  - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

It's a step in the right direction but after a century of abandoning rail lines it will take a lot more just to get the number of miles of rail lines we had in, say, 1935.
                    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Do these new lines have tracks going up large hills so that little engines may learn lessons in perseverance?
                      APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

That's why Buffett bought an almost 20% stake in Burlington Northern Santa Fe last year.

Comment

Working...
                        X