How to use internet mikes?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use internet mikes?

I have to buy one, but I haven't the first clue how a person in the Philippines might talk to, say, someone in Canada and many other places as well all at the same time. Even hooking the thing up is totally new. Earphones are also to be used but Dolores has those.

I need to pick a mike type too, not real cheap, not super spendy.

Advise?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Just use MSN or whatever. Get a cam.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Cam is in the plans. We're going to buy one in the US and hook it up here next Januaryish, God willing.

This is something else, does MSN have a mike network?

Comment

skype?
        Order of the Fly
        Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

I ahven't used a mic, so I don't know. I've used a cam with Playful on MSN and Yahoo.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ
            skype?
            Yes! I think that's it. That word was used.

What is it AAHZ?

Comment

erm its a way to talk over the computer. get a mic and go to the website, get it, and you are
              Order of the Fly

Comment

Ok I'm on it. Might take a bit, gotta go to the computer store to get it. Then I may have more questions.

Thanks AAHZ, you da man.

Comment

yup, let me know when you get it, PM or otherwise, and i will give you my handle on there

glad to help
                  Order of the Fly

Comment

Lancer - if it makes it any easier from a techo mindblock thing - you can get Skype phones - they look like a mobile with a cord that plugs into a USB slot.
                    I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

"techo mindblock thing" You got me figured. I'll look for that.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                        "techo mindblock thing" You got me figured. I'll look for that.
                        It's alright - I remembered the 5 page thread trying to help you post a screenshot.

I don't know why he saved my life. Maybe in those last moments he loved life more than he ever had before. Not just his life - anybody's life, my life. All he'd wanted were the same answers the rest of us want. Where did I come from? Where am I going? How long have I got? All I could do was sit there and watch him die.

Comment

The one thing you don't have right is the mindblock doesn't just apply to techno.

Comment

You aren't using me, you bastard!
                            Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                            Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                            We've got both kinds

Comment

I use teamspeak to talk with my clan mates, but that sort of program isn't exactly easy to set up, as you have to set up a central server for others to connect to.
                              You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                              X