Jericho

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFun
    Why, what was wrong with the helicopters?

well, there aren't actually helicopters flying in the background, but pictures of helicopters.
    My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

I just recently became aware of this show, but I have been catching up and it is very good. I am excited about the second season.

Also, nBSG comes back in March, FINALLY.

Of the shows mentioned, I like House - Hugh Laurie is great in that show.
      If you don't like reality, change it! me
      "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
      "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
      "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious

Seriously though, did you eat the hole? I don't think so. So what happened to it?
        I don't know.

Comment

n/m

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

You've seen the quality of my posts. Isn't it obvious. Darn, I can spend hours trying to figure out what happened to the hole after I eat the donut.
            it's okay
            A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Jericho is awsome

I just finished watching the first season.

Here is a couple of thoughts:

- economics of post nuclear world is not elaborated enough. Salt is a good idea, but entire trade can't be based on barter. How do people pay for drinks in the bar? How do they buy guns? I'd imagine dollars shouldn't lose value just because the government collapsed. Or should they?

- they only got one wind turbine said to produce 1.5 kW/h. While that's not bad, it's only good for lights, you can't seriously run any equipment on it, let alone heat something.

- what is going on with demographics of Jericho? I remember them saying in one of the first episodes that they have about 5000 people. It's strange how they felt they had to get rid of 50 new arrivals (1%). Also, when mobilizing for war they manage to get only 200 men. I usually take 10% of population as rough estimate of able-bodied men, and in crisis you can get more. So where are they?

- I really like it how the script doesn't overdo some important moments. Like when X holds a speech in front of men to lead them to war, it's simple where it could have been loaded with memorable phrases and such. I like the restraint showed by the writers

- the main female characters are hot but too few. There is a bunch of important male characters, and fewer important female characters

- I actually prefer the shorter black haired girl to the official sex bomb

- I like it that the main male character is not charismatic at all and only moderately bright & strong (he has slanted shoulders in the series? is that for real?) which makes him human and likeable

- the farm guy is kickass

- the black guy is so believable it's scary. He should get whatever reward they give for acting. Actually I think his acting is just "acting", he's probably someone's agent

- the bad guys are very believable so far

- I know it is important to have random people moving in the background, for the atmosphere, but someone needs to work with those people. They look like zombies, very artificial. Yes, I actually sometimes ignore the character camera is following only to take a good look at those wanderers and I can tell you they're a weird bunch and very unconvincing!

- I hope there's at least as much fighting in the continuation of the series as there is now. They could really ruin the series if they mellow it down.

I will let you know if I think of anything else

Comment

BTW, this series has so many good things to explore.

- tactics! it ended with a battle so I have to say that they should take their time with battles, nothing annoys me more than a badly done battle

- the politics (rationing? isn't that a step towards communism?)

- religion (has god abandoned us? actually now that I think of it the series is strangely atheist for a US show. I mean a priest appears only in one shot).

- social dynamics (what happens to families when teenagers are armed and the world is a cruel place? nuclear families give way to clans once again?)

- law. They could have an entire sub-series exploring how disputes are settled in a town without judges but with public order of a kind. A major libertarian theme.

- medicine. There's a stone-age ER possibility, for example they could do a couple of episodes on WWI medical practices on the battlefield, sawing people's legs off and such

- I know we're not going to see any sex (fine with me), but how about boobs?

Comment

Working...
                X