Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mississippi seeks to ban obese from eating!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mississippi seeks to ban obese from eating!

Mississippi Pols Seek To Ban Fats
    New bill would make it illegal for restaurants to serve the obese

FEBRUARY 1--Mississippi legislators this week introduced a bill that would make it illegal for state-licensed restaurants to serve obese patrons. Bill No. 282, a copy of which you'll find below, is the brainchild of three members of the state's House of Representatives, Republicans W. T. Mayhall, Jr. and John Read, and Democrat Bobby Shows. The bill, which is likely dead on arrival, proposes that the state's Department of Health establish weight criteria after consultation with Mississippi's Council on Obesity. It does not detail what penalties an eatery would face if its grub was served to someone with an excessive body mass index. (2 pages)

FEBRUARY 1--Mississippi legislators this week introduced a bill that would make it illegal for state-licensed restaurants to serve obese patrons. Bill No. 282, a copy of which you'll find here, is the

ACK!
    Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

“I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

That's what I get for too many sports threads.

ACK!
      Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

If true, somebody should get his ass kicked.
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Working...
        X