Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The German economy was whipped up more than any economy has ever been whipped up and might ever be. You can't make an economy bigger without new lands.
    It is not simply about capacity, but also efficiency. There was a lot of waste and dublication inside the German economy that Speer fought hand over foot to correct, though there is only so much you can do with that sort of political system and especially that sort of leader.

I can see Speer rolling his eyes and banging his head on his head against the wall every time Hilter approved a diversion of resources to create one of his wonder weapons for instance.

<-------The four stages of Speer.
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by Saras

Heroes of Stalingrad
      You mean "rats"?

Òû ëó÷øå ìåíÿ íå òðîãàé ñåãîäíÿ, áðàòåëëî. ß î÷åíü íå ëþáëþ êîãäà íà÷èíàþò îñêâåðíÿòü ïàìÿòü íàøèõ ñîëäàò, è îñîáåííî íåíàâèæó ëþäåé, êîòîðûå íàçûâàþò êðûñîé ìîåãî äåäà, êîòîðûé êðîâü â Ñòàëèíãðàäå ïðîëèâàë, è ïðîøåë ÷åðåç òàêîé àä, êîòîðûé çàîêåàíñêèì ãàâíþêàìè íèêîãäà è íå ñíèëñÿ.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos
        though there is only so much you can do with that sort of political system and especially that sort of leader.
        What does the political system have to do with it?
        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Perfection
          Where's the sword now?
          In the museum of the Stalingrad Battle, Volgograd City (former Stalingrad).

Comment

See ya tomorrow... that's excessive and you know it.
            Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
            I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

German production peaked in 1944, when they'd already lost a lot of land and resources. Notwithstanding, their armaments production was hobbled by not using women workers, being suspicious of mass production, having vast levels of duplication and a lack of interoperability.

Comment

What does the political system have to do with it?
                I guess I shouldn't say political system, but rather the people running this particular one. GWartime cotracts were not awarded solely based on economic need/efficiency. Any Nazi pet idea or project of fantacy had resources alloted to it. This was needed to keep everyone happy in a corrupt system with no accountability.

Not to mention Hitler would not let any one person hold significant power of his other minions, to include industrialists.

German production peaked in 1944, when they'd already lost a lot of land and resources. Notwithstanding, their armaments production was hobbled by not using women workers, being suspicious of mass production, having vast levels of duplication and a lack of interoperability.
                They were probably the biggest goldplaters in historyas well, with the exception of the current US military
                "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

"Enemy at teh Gates"

Rachel Weisz
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Closed at thread starter's request, too.
                    Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                    I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                    X