whoever designed the 8080 is going to hell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whoever designed the 8080 is going to hell

Little endian byte order is equivalent to Satan-worship. Thank you, Intel, for wasting 4 hours of my life debugging my timer interrupt handler.

LOL... poor Kuci

Big Endian
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

I spent about 6 discovering that you don't need to put an #include in a .S - and in fact, if you do, it breaks

Comment

Kuci sub-forum
        I'm consitently stupid- Japher
        I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

The designer may very well be in hell. Wasn't that chip manufactured in the mid 70s or something?

Comment

Boohoo, if you deal with timers and interrupts and that sort of crap you're going to waste plenty of time coping with weirdnesses. I've spent much longer times working out much more messed up stuff.
            APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

How exciting.
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Get thee to the Technology Subforum!

Comment

Re: whoever designed the 8080 is going to hell

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                  Little endian byte order is equivalent to Satan-worship. Thank you, Intel, for wasting 4 hours of my life debugging my timer interrupt handler.
                  Intel didn't design the 8080 ISA
                  "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                  Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Whoever did though is a bastard. Is it anything to do with ports btw?
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Just reading about the history of CTC/Datapoint in Wikipedia, I found this:

Taken over by corporate raider Asher Edelman ...
                      Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Re: whoever designed the 8080 is going to hell

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
                        I wrote those for DOS on 80386. Terminate and Stay Resident they were called, and were used to emulate multithreading.

Comment

Little Endian

People who can't cope with it

Oh, and while it's certainly ok for an interrupt handler to be close to the hardware (and you hence are forgiven), but in general - people who write code depending on endianness

Comment

Working...
                          X