I dehydrated myself today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I dehydrated myself today

At 4 pm I walked 4 kilometers to the house of a friend, after an hour and a half there, I walked 5 kilometers to the house of another friend, I left at 9 pm, and walked 7 kilometers to my house.

All that time I only drank 2 glasses of milk. (Dont forget it is summer in the souther hemisphere)

On my way home I started feeling very bad, once I arrived, I kept felling bad and tried to vomit thinking the sensation was due to something I had eaten.

My girlfriend saw me that way and asked me if I wanted some tea, I said, no, not tea, not coke,, water, just water

So she gave me a glass of water, drinking it instantaneously made me feel much better, after that I grabbed a 2 liters water bottle and drank it all. Now I feel perfectly fine.

So, kids

Drink water, dehydration blows
    I need a foot massage

2 liters of water at once is probably a bad idea... consume some salts with it as well
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Well, too late

I feel like I could drink some more
      I need a foot massage

Comment

See, you need some salts (or sugars ... gatorade type) help your body absorb water, or it will just pass through to a large extent.

Comment

Good article, homemade pseudo gatorade

Rehydration drinks

Diarrhea and vomiting can cause your body to lose large amounts of water, nutrients, and essential minerals called electrolytes. This happens faster and is more serious in babies, young children, and older adults.

Rehydration drinks, (such as Pedialyte, Lytren, or Rehydrate) and sports drinks (such as Gatorade or Powerade) replace fluids and electrolytes. Plain water doesn't provide necessary nutrients or electrolytes and may not be absorbed with diarrhea. Note: Rehydration drinks, such as Pedialyte, are designed for children. Adult rehydration drinks and sports drinks should not be used for babies and young children.

Rehydration drinks don't make diarrhea or vomiting go away faster, but they can prevent serious dehydration from developing.

You can make an inexpensive rehydration drink at home. However, do not give this homemade drink to children younger than 12.

Measure all ingredients precisely. Small variations can make the drink less effective or even harmful. Mix the following:

* 1 quart (950 ml) water
          * 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) baking soda
          * 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 g) table salt, or 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 g) salt substitute (such as "Lite Salt," which is potassium-based)
          * 3 to 4 tablespoons (45 to 60 g) sugar

BTW, someone has messed up the "electrolyte" wiki article

Electrolytes are what plants crave, which is what Brawndo has, and thats why you should drink Brawndo instead of water like from the toilet because I've never seen plants grow out of a toilet!
          Last edited by Barnabas; February 1, 2008, 22:16.
          I need a foot massage

Comment

That's hilarious. Nice article on homemade gatorade, it's pretty effective I imagine (if you're careful on the proportions).

Comment

Re: I dehydrated myself today

Originally posted by Barnabas

Drink water, dehydration blows
              uh . . . .

duh?
              A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

water

Comment

Dihydrogen monoxide
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

I'm a little dehydrated now from last night.
                    APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Walking

I currently regularly walk over 12km a day to and from work. No hot sun to dehydrate me at the moment though. The beer the night before takes care of that.

Comment

Bleeding pansy.
                        Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

I dehydrated myslef today. Guiness by the yard glass
                          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas
                            BTW, someone has messed up the "electrolyte" wiki article
                            I recognize the joke. It's from the movie "Idiocracy". Here's a clip about it:

Comment

Working...
                            X