Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I have a new job.

My friends,

I'm pleased to report that after a long and difficult year of searching I have finally landed a new and much sought-after job.

After numerous disappointments, the universe, in its humourous and mysterious mechanisms, has seen fit to see me finally placed in a role far superior to all of those that I had unhappily been rejected from in recent months, and I have landed a role with a renumeration well in excess of all the ones I had previously been unhappy to have missed out on.

I will be be working hard, and with much responsibility in a business-critical role for a start-up diversification for a prestigious trade publication. I will be mixing my technical experience with my enthusiasm and energy for the challenge of delivering the quality data this venture requires for success.

The commitment required to succeed means that I will not have the opportunity to join the interesting discussions of this establishment on a regular basis as I have in the past, but I will try to maintain a presense here insofar as this is possible. No-one here would begrudge a fellow poster the chance to enhance their career, and if improvements in that career also means more pubs and restaurants in the evenings to enjoy that fruits of that success, then I'm sure that will be well-understood.

I wish you all the very best and would offer you the advice that persistance and self-belief when all looks bleak can be a surprisingly welcome ally. I will also gladly buy you a beer, should you find yourself in the city I love.

Regards,

Cort.

Congrats Cort I know how it is to spend your life not using your talents and then find somewhere where you can use them (and be compensated appropriately!) ... sweet isn't it
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

That's great, Cort.
      Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
      "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Well done.
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Congratulations

and well done.
          “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Congratulations

Hopefully, you can be an inspiration to those slackers, Dis and Zoid
            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

You could have just cut all the crap and posted 'Leaving Forever'...

Congrats BTW and good luck.
              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
                Well done.
                QTF!

Spec.
                -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                  Congratulations

Hopefully, you can be an inspiration to those slackers, Dis and Zoid
                  Dis will run out of money and be forced to work hard. Zoid gets the benefit of a much better social safety net, and may be able to slack for the rest of his life.
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Awesome news, Cort! Congratulations!!!

Judging by this:
                    I will be be working hard, and with much responsibility in a business-critical role for a start-up diversification for a prestigious trade publication. I will be mixing my technical experience with my enthusiasm and energy for the challenge of delivering the quality data this venture requires for success.
                    ...you're quite ready to "talk the talk" in business world.

Out of curiosity, what industry does this trade pub serve?

Again, congrats to you. We look forward to occasional future visits.
                    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Excellent news

Comment

I noticed that the Wanted: School Crossing Guard sign was down.

WTG, buddy!

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Re: I have a new job.

Originally posted by Cort Haus
                          I will be be working hard, and with much responsibility in a business-critical role for a start-up diversification for a prestigious trade publication. I will be mixing my technical experience with my enthusiasm and energy for the challenge of delivering the quality data this venture requires for success...
                          If any of this includes acting as a human thesaurus, you're well on your way.

Comment

Business-speak
                            THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                            AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                            AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                            DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                              Business-speak
                              Well, slap me with a babble fish

Comment

Working...
                              X