Stae of The Union Address January 28, 2008

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stae of The Union Address January 28, 2008

Good folks, I am not a skilled political analyst.

I have opinions, I am 48, I know somewhat of our Government working (Good, bad or indifferent)

I am floating along on me Vicodin Segway. I hope I dun fall on me face.

I was wondering though, forgive me Elok for being long winded, but my thread, read or dont read Elok,

I was wondering a few poimnts,please correct if I am off course:,

1) Bush is current President, he is out in a year. I believe he goes lame duck when Election results are announced until new President sworn in?

2) Can he run up on wire and do what he wants (within reason of getting it passed?)

3) He can presidential pardon can he use any other kinda special powers to say make a law concerning military occupation past his term expeiration?

4) Will the next President take the curent path or maybe stop it in its path?

Thansk

gramsp
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

By the way, it hasnt startred quite way, but soon, I love hearing folks teach me things, so looking forward to opinions about this tonight.

Garsmps

Comment

My heart is all aflutter with the prospects of learning.
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

"1) Bush is current President, he is out in a year. I believe he goes lame duck when Election results are announced until new President sworn in?"

IIRC, he is a lame duck beginning on Day 1 of his second term. However, functionally "lame duck" is more a state of mind of how he is perceived. Once he's seen as being on his way out, he begins losing power.

2) Can he run up on wire and do what he wants (within reason of getting it passed?)

He [i]could[/]. However, he faces a Democratic House and Senate. He must choose his battle very carefully.

3) He can presidential pardon can he use any other kinda special powers to say make a law concerning military occupation past his term expeiration?

Once he pardons someone, that person stays pardoned.
        As for military occupation, once he leaves office, he'll have no authority over a military occupation. He may leave behind a situation where the next President may not want to change course suddenlyl

Whoever is elected next will change paths. To what degree and in what direction the path is changed, depends on who is elected.

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          My heart is all aflutter with the prospects of learning.
          QFT

teh wise and wonderful Slowwhand!!

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
            "1) Bush is current President, he is out in a year. I believe he goes lame duck when Election results are announced until new President sworn in?"

IIRC, he is a lame duck beginning on Day 1 of his second term. However, functionally "lame duck" is more a state of mind of how he is perceived. Once he's seen as being on his way out, he begins losing power.

He [i]could[/]. However, he faces a Democratic House and Senate. He must choose his battle very carefully.

Once he pardons someone, that person stays pardoned.
            As for military occupation, once he leaves office, he'll have no authority over a military occupation. He may leave behind a situation where the next President may not want to change course suddenlyl

Whoever is elected next will change paths. To what degree and in what direction the path is changed, depends on who is elected.
            Thanks

Comment

WTF is a Stae of teh Union?
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Bush apparently wants to use his veto this year.
                Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Maybe I am being to critical, but some of what George Bush is saying sound very good, whetehr or not it will come to fruition.

I am watching the faces of those the camera shows, Hillary "forced" a smile, but Barrack Osama was stoned faced.

maybe I am too critical, but if what Bush is saying , again, without a Bill laden with junk to serve rich people, shouldnt that make barrck bama be happy?

Maybe cause he doesnt want to show support for Bush, but maybe he was thinking of his campaign versus American real issues and real problems.

I know we neeed trade, just., well, I wish our taxes we pay, went to more American funded programns versus overseas destination of our tax dollars.

grapms

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
                    WTF is a Stae of teh Union?
                    frweaking kinda reporsewc c ard, like saying here we are, this is where whea goin and so firth I ahtimnlk

Grapms

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                      Bush apparently wants to use his veto this year.
                      yup, he has mentioned to "Get-r-done" or i use my vetoe gun

gooad onsrevanice

Comment

In modern politics, Bush's sole remaining job is to maximize the chances of a Republican administration in 2009-12. That's why he's suddenly focused on the economy.

The traditional method of fighting a sluggish economy is to move to a war footing. But that option isn't open, since we're already flushing billions of off-the-books dollars into the War on Terrorism while the economy heads downhill. Still, it's comforting to learn that Al Qaeda is "on the run" again, even if that just means they're still escaping our grasp...

Most ironic moment: threatening veto of any bill arriving at his desk without a 50% reduction in pork, thus quantifying the acceptable level of government waste for the rest of his term. Nice to know.
                        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

so it will only be 15 billion out of the more then 3 trillion that will be spent, rather then the usual 30 billion.

Comment

Check your Sunday paper for more savings coupons!
                            Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                            RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Working...
                            X