No announcement yet.

Cold much, where you are?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My opinion on this winter and the last one is... well, look, nature, when I go skiing in the middle of January, I don't want to be stopped by RAIN. I greatly enjoy the occasional whiteout, I don't mind a temperature of -30 at all, but when the temperature keeps hugging zero all goddamn winter, it severely limits my ability to do things I like, not to mention it's hard to seem awesome as a cold-resistant Finn when the freezer's the coldest place around.
    This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
      One word should answer your question if I'm cold or not......TEXAS!!
      Why? Sloww is cold at a mere 41°F. Are you of similarly poor constitution?
      Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
      Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
      One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

Originally posted by Tiamat
        One word should answer your question if I'm cold or not......TEXAS!!
        I guess that means warm. Or is the deserts cold over there during winter?
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

Nope! My constitution is just fine thank you. I was raised in Germany you see so I grew up in the snow. I find that unless it gets to about 25 degrees here that I'm barefoot and even then at 25 I still go barefoot. We don't have much call for heavy coats here.
          Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
          Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
          Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
          You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

I don't understand midwestern weather.

I go to class at noon, it's 70F/21C, a little windy, but sunny. At 4pm, it's 30F/-1C, snow falling, and horribly windy. Some front, I guess.

And the low tonight is 13F/-11C. A 55 degree drop in ~12 hours?

Comment

Working...
            X