Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone know anything about broken collar bone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lancer
    So the doctor may have been correct. One thing bugs me. If you take a green stick and bent it until it cracks it won't be as long as it was.
    Even the uninjured clavicle isn't as long as it eventually will be -- he's still growing. The broken bone will heal in the middle and continue to grow near the ends. Since he's six, he has a lot of growing left to do and there's actually a very good chance that the bone will remodel and by the time he reaches skeletal maturity, the callus (healing site) won't even be apparent on on x-ray. Kids bones are amazing that way.

Disclaimer: this is all hypothetical based on the way kids' bones usually work. Follow the advice of your doctor.
    The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Very hopeful

Josh and his Mom are at the hospital in Tagbilaran today, ought to know more tonight. What time that will be where you live .
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working late tonight. Won't be home for another few hours.

Comment

I have broken both collar bones. The first was at around the same age as this kid, the second in my early teens.

Not exceptionally painful - as long as you don't lift your arms. Both healed fine with no scars, shortening, etc.

No worries.
          Long live the Dead Threads!!

Comment

I'm optimistic now, thanks guys.

The doc in Tagbilaran said the same thing, just don't make it worse. So tonight the women will get together and make Josh a sling. It will be a sling manufactured by women in committee, ie Josh will be unable to move or function in any manner for about a month with all the women from the family fussing over him. The good news is that will make the ladies very happy.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
              ... Josh will be unable to move or function in any manner for about a month with all the women from the family fussing over him...
              Ow, ow, ow! I just broke my collar bone too! Quick, send me some Filapina nurses.

Comment

I wish it were so easy.

Comment

oh but it is! just a quick elbow and BAM! broken collarbone.

Comment

That I believe. As you likely know what I meant was getting Zkrib some Filipina nurses, or to be exact, getting these good, hard working people to the US.

Comment

Working...
                    X