Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You son of a mother! (Cursing, Creatively)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You son of a mother! (Cursing, Creatively)

I came across this brilliant little gem of creative cursing while reading Pratchett, where a person uses this because he is religiously forbidden to swear. I'm looking for other examples of such creative curses, which get the point across perfectly without sullying our own tongue, which you can use without stalling your passionate torrent of non-standard invective. I don't, however, want any actual curses to be used, as that would be against forum rules.

"Ugh, that jerk totally Aneeshmed up that thread."
    APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

You....you....YOU POSTER!
      Blah

Comment

"son of a mother" is actually an expression in Germany to deprecate another male, though you use a diminuitive for "son". It's supposed to hint at dependence and weakness.

Comment

"Gosh darn it, don't take the Lord's name in vain!"

Comment

Don't Fez out!
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Ming you.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

When I'm royally pissed off I use: "You know what, you're not my best best friend!"

It strikes terror in the hearts of my enemies.

Comment

Around work, I'm famous for using Winnie-the-Pooh's "Oh bother!"

"Vermin!" is appropriately perjorative yet non-swearing.

And in rare instances, I paraphrase a line for The Prince and the Pauper: "I suggest you go home, fall down on your knees and pray to Lord God Almighty that he replace that stone in your chest with a human heart!"

Comment

Crap on a crutch!

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                      Ming you.

Slowwie, lets keep it civil, no need to really harshley attack anyone with that language, please, show some restraint
                      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler

And in rare instances, I paraphrase a line for The Prince and the Pauper: "I suggest you go home, fall down on your knees and pray to Lord God Almighty that he replace that stone in your chest with a human heart!"
                        I like that ZK!!
                        Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

Bunny rabbits!!!

is my gf's curse... related to a Buffy thing I think.
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

seriously has everybody gone completely insane around here?

dark whispers, inane unlegible posts, ridiculous threads about nothing...

i am completely baffled and stupified beyond words at the moment.
                            Order of the Fly
                            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

You are all gay tw@ts!
                              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Working...
                              X