No announcement yet.

No Filipinos for Jordan

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn I hate the fact that Singaporean women make the maid do EVERYTHING, if they could make them breastfeed, I bet they would.

The child grows up knowing the maid better than the mother.

And when I ask why don't you look after your own kid? Their reply: We're too busy.

TOO BUSY?! That's a WTF right there. Tiny apartment, two parents, one child, and they still need a maid to look after their kid, do their laundry, clean the car 6am in the morning, clean the floor, make breakfast, lunch and dinner? Disgusting behaviour; it is the typical Singaporean materialistic narrow thinking that I can't stand.
    be free

Comment

What are the going wages in Singapore and are maids generally live-in? Are the maids locals or imports?
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by DanS
        What are the going wages in Singapore and are maids generally live-in? Are the maids locals or imports?
        Full-time maids are generally but not always live-ins; they are always imports, generally from the Philippines but also from Indonesia and , much less commonly, India and Sri Lanka. Going wages are S$300-500/month, which works out to US $200-350; Locals rarely pay above S$500, expats generally pay at least that. Most I've ever heard of a maid being paid is S$1000/mo (US $650), and that was someone who'd been with the family for 20+ years.
        "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Here in the Phils snacks are generally included, lunch sometimes. The Chinese bought a mall in Tagbilaran and cut out all food and wages almost in half. A worker boxing up people's groceries or a check girl now makes 105P per day, about $2.50. From this they have to eat and pay boarding, and save a little to help their families out in the province. The really strange thing, you have to have a degree to get such a job.

A few years back, '00, we found an American husband for a gal selling shoes at that mall. They are still together and happy in Arizona.

We try to go to the other mall, but I don't know who owns it or what the pay is.

Story about the couple we got together back in 2000. The girl, Elenor, (selling shoes at the mall) was very nervous to ask her newly met fiance for $. So she talked to Dolores who talked to me. A year prior her mother had gotten sick and had to go to the hospital. The husband being poor had put up his rice field as colateral, that's how the family ate. So it was time to pay the loan or lose the field. How much I asked? "Seventy Five dollars" So the guys name is Mike, and he works in aerospace making parts. So I said, "hey Mike, your honey needs $75 or their family is going to lose their rice field." So he pops out the dough, hand it off to Elenor and smiles and "is that all?"

A whole family was going to lose everything for lack of $75! Now, because we brought two nice people together, that family is well off.
          Long time member @ Apolyton
          Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Comment

Working...
            X