Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Humanity owns the Earth and there isn't much even the dinos could do about it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Well ok the dinos would own the dance floor.
      Long time member @ Apolyton
      Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Originally posted by Cyclotron
        As I recall from the Fantastic Worlds "After the Apocalypse" scenario, those plesiosaur subs and pterodactyl bombers are pretty damn tough. The plesiosaurs in particular ate destroyers for breakfast.
        Wasn't there a Civ II mod which had dinosaurs as the military units?

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
          Ya put yer left foot in.
          Ya take yer left foot out.
          Ya put yer left foot in.
          Then ya shake it all about.

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
            Luckily there was no such scenario in FW, it's just the liquor talking or some such. So we stand some chance against the dinos.
            Yeah, I brought out my disks, and it's actually on the first "Scenarios" expansion, not FW. Same difference.
            Lime roots and treachery!
            "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

I thought CiC was all historical scenarios, though?
              1011 1100
              Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Are you saying that dinosaurs aren't historical?

JM
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Yes, but the part where they coexisted with humans, who fought them with tanks, is missing from all my old textbooks. Maybe they just don't reflect current trends in historical research?
                  1011 1100

Comment

The tanks were missing from the caveman movie I saw too...

But just like in movies, games can take a bit of creative license.

JM
                    (the chick was hot)
                    Jon Miller-
                    I AM.CANADIAN
                    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I'm not denying their right to take license, I'm just saying that I thought Conflicts in Civilization was all historically-based scenarios, e.g. Muhammad's conquest of Arabia, Napoleon, stuff like that. Then they made FW for the more speculative stuff like Atlantis, Dinosaurs, and MOM/MOO Jr.
                      1011 1100

Comment

Did you buy CiC? I seem to remember a WW3 scenario also...

JM
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                          I'm not denying their right to take license, I'm just saying that I thought Conflicts in Civilization was all historically-based scenarios, e.g. Muhammad's conquest of Arabia, Napoleon, stuff like that. Then they made FW for the more speculative stuff like Atlantis, Dinosaurs, and MOM/MOO Jr.
                          You thought wrong. The "After the Apocalypse" scenario, as well as the Alien Invasion scenario, were in CiC, not FW. I think those were the only fantasy/sci-fi ones in there, however.
                          Lime roots and treachery!
                          "Eventually you're left with a bunch of unmemorable posters like Cyclotron, pretending that they actually know anything about who they're debating pointless crap with." - Drake Tungsten

Comment

If it had Raquel Welch in a furry bikini it's historical.
                            Long time member @ Apolyton
                            Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

Working...
                            X