• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
    Yeah, but they're stupid like that
    Still bitter from losing your empire?
    I'm consitently stupid- Japher
    I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

i can see wanting a recession to root out inefficiencies and force companies to ammend their business model. hoping for another great depression is just childish.
      "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
      'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Theben
        Still bitter from losing your empire?
        Not PH. He's not an empire sort of chap.

Comment

$2,500.00 per month for rent
          That's almost my mortgage payment. Wowza.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Re: I secretly want the economy to crash.

Originally posted by Ecthy
            What does this make me? A terrorist?
            An average East German.
            "Football is like chess, only without the dice." Lukas Podolski

Comment

Originally posted by Barnabas

The approach of Bush for avoiding a recession is absolutely Keynesian, he will spit 145 thousand million dollars so that yankee carpenters and plumbers can keep spending above their means.

I actually agree with Bush and I would do the same.

What bothers me is that first world countries do that and no one minds, but when third world countries face an economic crisis and the state tries to give the economy a stimulus, they get called populists (to say the least offensive thing) by the economic magazines, the imf etc etc

I think third world countries should stop following the advices given by the first world, and should start following the examples given by the first world.
              No rich country tries to get out from a recession by increasing taxes, firing state employees, less spending and all the things required in structural adjustments.

Thanks God daddy state is always there to save capitalism from its periodical crises
              I don't know if you're missing the differences on purpose or you just spend too much time in Latin America perusing leftist newspapers

1. Third world countries don't use spending as an anti-cyclical policy, they just spend spend spend while they can. How do you suggest they spend countercyclically when they manage to get into debt crises even without that?

2. The difference between USA and Argentina is that USA can still pay its debts. Since it is so, nobody can dictate it terms for new borrowing.

The problem with the third world is not hypocrisy of the economic magazines, IMF etc. The problem with the third world is lack of social capital. Something that, unlike money, can't be imported.

Comment

Working...
              X