No announcement yet.

Chicago cops are the best

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't have a problem with a guy with a long, exemplary record getting a 2 year suspension without pay for one incident (in addition to the criminal charges). Everybody has a bad day. I don't think he should take the fall for the entire department's problems, which are being dealt with (hopefully...) as they should be - by stopping the culture of abusive behavior, not by overly punishing a single offender who isn't necessarily a part of the culture himself.

He could be, of course, and that's different, but from this one bit of information, I don't think he should be fired.
    <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
    I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Hang 'em!
      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
        I don't have a problem with a guy with a long, exemplary record getting a 2 year suspension without pay for one incident (in addition to the criminal charges). Everybody has a bad day. I don't think he should take the fall for the entire department's problems, which are being dealt with (hopefully...) as they should be - by stopping the culture of abusive behavior, not by overly punishing a single offender who isn't necessarily a part of the culture himself.

He could be, of course, and that's different, but from this one bit of information, I don't think he should be fired.
        How many years in prison should a civilian get for handcuffing someone to their wheelchair and then hitting them repeatedly? Is two years' probation sufficient for that particular crime? After all, he was having a bad day.

You stop the culture of abusive behavior by hammering each and every individual that propagates that culture.

Comment

How many years in prison should a civilian get for handcuffing someone to their wheelchair and then hitting them repeatedly?
          alot!

Comment

Cops

Laws

Society
            APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Originally posted by Sirotnikov

alot!
              You think so and I think so, but I'm wondering whether Snoopy thinks so, or should we label it a culture of abusive behavior and go after the ringleaders.

Comment

Originally posted by Igloodude

How many years in prison should a civilian get for handcuffing someone to their wheelchair and then hitting them repeatedly? Is two years' probation sufficient for that particular crime? After all, he was having a bad day.

You stop the culture of abusive behavior by hammering each and every individual that propagates that culture.
                Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Working...
                X