Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you know if you’re addicted to the internet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you know if you’re addicted to the internet?

Just wondering.
    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

I am

JM
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Do you think its ok or is it slowly destorying you're life?
      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

I suppose if you feel the urge to be on the internet if you're away from it.

Comment

Around christmas, my internet connection broke down for about five days. By the end of the first day, I was already starting to feel restless. Not sure if I'm addicted, but I feel disconnected from the world without it.
          Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I'm not addicted, but I do spend entirely too much time surfing the web.
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Here's the test: go to an island off the coast of Thailand for a week -- I like Koh Samui, but Phuket and Krabi are nice, too. Spend day after day soaking up the sun on pristine beaches, eating the best food on earth, and partying at night with gorgeous, friendly babes. If, around day five, you're thinking "man, i'm never going home!" -- you're okay. If, instead, you're thinking "I wonder if there have been any good threads on Poly while I was gone?" -- you're hopeless, and should seek treatment immediately.
              "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

That sounds like paradise
                Let us be lazy in everything, except in loving and drinking, except in being lazy – Lessing

Comment

I'm addicted, in a similar way as I am addicted to shoes. Sure, I can do without them, but why? I could do without the internet, but it would suck immensely. Internet

Comment

I wouldn't say addicted, but I need it. Like I need my car to get to work, I need the internet for information about everything and anything.

Spec.
                    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

spamimg here
                      anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

This thread would be much more interesting if it was...

You know you're addicted to the internet when...........

You're in a store and see something small thaty you want to buy but wait till you get home to buy it on the internet because they had free shipping.
                        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i am not addicted. i just hate all other forms of human life i encounter on this planet.

but yall are OK.
                          Order of the Fly
                          Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by Spec
                            I wouldn't say addicted, but I need it. Like I need my car to get to work, I need the internet for information about everything and anything.

yes, the 'Net is a good tool.

and no, I'm not addicted. I'd choose the sun, the beach, the good food and the babes any day of the week... no! any day of the year over Apo.
                            My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

I use net a lot when it's available, but have no problems if there's no net/computer access .. actually it feels quite good. I used to be addicted about 10 years ago, but gave up on IRC which helped a lot .

Comment

Working...
                              X