In the next week or two I'll be planting 2 trees

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In the next week or two I'll be planting 2 trees

Don't recall ever planting trees before. These will be Molave (sp) trees for shade but also they will turn greenhouse gasses into oxygen, or something like that, right?

Ever planted a tree?
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

A lot. I like any oak, but especially live oak. Planted some fruit trees before.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Was that in Texas?

Comment

Whoops, time to go. Heading for the ocean, no work today just fun.

Comment

Have fun. The only place I've lived is in Texas, except for when I was in the circus.
          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Comment

Re: In the next week or two I'll be planting 2 trees

Originally posted by Lancer
            Don't recall ever planting trees before. These will be Molave (sp) trees for shade but also they will turn greenhouse gasses into oxygen, or something like that, right?

Ever planted a tree?
            I planted a few hundred back in the late 80's when I was working for a commercial landscaping company.

Trees
            Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
            I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              A lot. I like any oak, but especially live oak.
              Beats planting dead oak.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Evergreen.

Comment

My Dad manages orchards and I always had a job at one of those orchards growing up...

Planting trees wasn't ever one of them strangely enough. Planted a lot of trees in the yards of houses we lived in though.

Comment

Re: In the next week or two I'll be planting 2 trees

Originally posted by Lancer
                    but also they will turn greenhouse gasses into oxygen, or something like that, right?
                    Yes. But if you chop and burn it, you'll set the same gases free again.
                    Why doing it the easy way if it is possible to do it complicated?

Comment

Last year I planted 4 hazelnut trees whose roots are seeded with truffles-mycelium (tuber aestivum). In 3 years I'll see if it worked.
                      "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                      "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

Ive planted a tree or three in my time. Chopped and burned more than Ive planted though
                        Safer worlds through superior firepower

Comment

Working...
                        X