Texas State Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas State Thread!

To get to know a famous state, lets try to post pictures and litle and well known Facts about the Great State of Texas

I will attempt to bring honor, but we need acyive participation, so lets try to do this right!!

I am assuming this is GB Sr.'s library?

Texas Giant Rollacoaster at Texas Six Flags
    Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

B-25 Mitchell bomber called “Texas Rose”.
    This particular aircraft was only ever used as a trainer in the United States, but it’s painted in the color of a Free French B-25 based in Tunisia in North Africa, which suffered a mid-air collision with another B-25, causing the loss of one horizontal stabilizer and tail. The other B-25 involved crashed, but this one got back safely, though with the loss of the tail gunner, whose position was destroyed during the accident. Another item of historical interest is that this aircraft has been signed by quite a number of the B-25 crewmen who took part in the Doolittle Raid against Japan from an aircraft carrier. Their signatures are clustered around the guns mounted on the left side of the aircraft.

Austin Texas State Capital

Texas Spiney Lizard

Folks, if I get something wrong, so sorry. Im in lots of pain and Vicodin not hitting on much tonight, so cant sleep.

Trying to find facts I didnt know about Texas.

Join in please!

Comment

DALLAS COWBOYS!!!

HOW 'BOUT THEM COWBOYS!!

My all time favorite NFL Coach Tom Landry above and below introducing Roger Staubach into the Pro Football Hall of Fame

My second Favorite Dallas QB, Troy Aikman

Comment

Dallas Skyline:

Asmodean
        Im not sure what Baruk Khazad is , but if they speak Judeo-Dwarvish, that would be "blessed are the dwarves" - lord of the mark

Comment

Couple sweet Cowboy Cheerleaders

and lets not forget The Cowboys once had Mike Ditka as a player

Comment

This thread has amazing similarities to one of the greatest threads I have ever, currently have, or will EVER conceive. A thread that is whispered in awe across dark and forgotton forums around the entire internet. Indeed the very mention of just 2 WORDS brings back such a flood of memories that it is almost CULTISH in the collective behavioral response. If AAHZ had not have made that particular thread, i will go so far as to say that the universal space time continuum shall be torn asunder, like the delicate fabric of the weave itself, or warped so badly that DEIFIC intervention shall have to be the only recourse for such a consequential set of travesties. Not only did i start a movement that is impossible to halt, I created/solidified an entire new method of creating threads. Let us examine this a bit further. In that one thread I managed to...

1)Create a cultish movement the likes that is only paralelled by other similar cultish movements, with AAHZ as the "figurehead."

2)Created a whole new way of expresssing ideas and threads starting with just 1 simple word...

3)Subsequently got banned and ended a feud with 2 long-time rivals, one of them becoming a good friend (The same one that got his first "Tuberski") on the same day. Never has a thread died so hard or had such dire consequences. I would have loved to be a fly on the wall of the staff room on THAT day i tell you...

4)Educated the MILLIONS of Polytubbies about a State that will forever go down in infamy, be preised for its numberless accomplishments, and have a specail warm place in ALL of our hearts.

but without further ado i shall reveal the milestonic thread that i am sure most of you have figured out by now what it is, but i shall NOT link to it for fear of an immediate thread necromance and further defilement of the gretest thread ever cenceived by a human being.

ON WYOMING...

(I did not make the letters big and ridiculous because then you will immediately see it and the efforts for this wonderful post will be for naught.)

This post has been brought to you by the author of that thread, one AAHZ. any duplication, reproduction, or any otherwise attempt to besmirch the name of said thread will result on AAHZ acting extremely AAHZish™ for the duration of the hostilities. You may thank me for your time on your way out and realize AAHZ has blessed you with his retro-posting style...

piece™

oh, yeah, Texas is cool too
            Order of the Fly
            Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Some day, I, chegitz guevara, will MESS WITH TEXAS.
              Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by AAHZ
                This thread has amazing similarities to one of the greatest threads...
                You're right. This thread has amazing similarities to my Texas is Awesome thread.

Gramps must have missed that one.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil

You're right. This thread has amazing similarities to my Texas is Awesome thread.

Gramps must have missed that one.
                  Yeah, when on Vicodin, I do miss sometimes.

So we have a current thread gong on?

Comment

Nah, it was a couple months ago. Carry on. In my experience Texans need constant affirmation.
                    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I don't know what brought this on.
                      Last edited by SlowwHand; January 19, 2008, 11:44.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara
                        Some day, I, chegitz guevara, will MESS WITH TEXAS.
                        You will not.

Fear the State whose National Guard can deploy an armored division.
                        Today, you are the waves of the Pacific, pushing ever eastward. You are the sequoias rising from the Sierra Nevada, defiant and enduring.

Comment

It's real easy to sit off somewhere in lala land, making these bold predictions. You know how they are.
                          Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                          "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                          He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Sam Houston 1st and 3rd president of the Republic of Texas. After the annexation also governor.
                            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Lonestar

Fear the State whose National Guard can deploy an armored division.
                              Teh Truthiness Texas style

Comment

Working...
                              X