X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Samurai attacks US Capitol Building

Armed Man Arrested Near US Capitol
    January 18, 2008 - 5:46pm
    WASHINGTON - U.S. Capitol Police arrested a man carrying a shotgun outside the Capitol building Friday, authorities said.

The man was in custody and no one was injured, police spokeswoman Sgt. Kimberly Schneider says.

An officer first spotted the man near Union Station, about two blocks from the Capitol, around 1 p.m.

A source close to U.S. Capitol Police with knowledge of the investigation says the man was wearing a tactical vest, carrying 30 rounds of shotgun ammunition, and had a backpack with a compound bow and Samurai sword.

The source says the man is a Utah resident, and has a wife and children living in West Virginia. The man has a lengthy rap sheet that includes numerous weapons charges in Utah and Virginia. In 1994, the man was questioned for flying over Camp David's restricted air space, the source says.

The man made reference to the U.S. Supreme Court and "taking care of business," the source says.

The man's truck, a Chevrolet with Utah license plates, had weapons in plain view, including shotguns, ammunition, multiple sealed containers and wires, the source says.

The man's vehicle had "items of concern" inside and was being searched, Schneider says.

Police are searching the vehicle using a remote-operated robot.

The man's name was not immediately released.

Police cordoned off the area, and are not allowing any vehicles through. Investigators say a perimeter will be in place for some time.

(Copyright 2008 by WTOP Radio. All Rights Reserved.)
    Last edited by DanS; January 18, 2008, 19:43.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Here's to enjoying a couple this weekend.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Wrong thread?

Anyhow,
      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Why are american police arresting people that only want to protectect themself ?
        With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Ninjas suck.
          Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

A shame he was unable to massacre Congress.

Comment

A compound bow is no laughing matter. Silent but deadly, and I don't mean the other.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

John Belushi is alive!!

Comment

Working...
                X