No announcement yet.

Is The internet a control mechanism?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why should they be worried? If they were worried, we might have some problems. It's better for people not to worry too much. Give them Gladiators and other shows instead . Let's cherry pick the things they shoudl be worried about and shut down few topics.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
      Just noticed I only put one "l" in potentially, no need to mock me, It could happen to anyone.

My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

Apo is so funny this morning.
        My Words Are Backed With Bad Attitude And VETERAN KNIGHTS!

Comment

I didn't read the entire thread, so apologies if I am repeating what somebody already said.

I don't think the Internet is open for governments to pick what they need. It's a huge mess, a jungle of information in which the governments are as lost as we are. Then there's the public key infrastructure which allows secure communication over an insecure channel, so even when they know where to look there's no guarantee they're going to timely find what they want.

On the other hand, the internet may have helped the governments simply by being the huge time and energy sink that it is. People who otherwise might have been starting revolutions now write terribly long posts on web boards. I'm not naming any names, you know who you are.

Internet is a huge social vent and pschotherapy session. You were unhappy because you were the only furry in your city? Enter internet and learn that you are among friends

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
            Why should they be worried? If they were worried, we might have some problems. It's better for people not to worry too much. Give them Gladiators and other shows instead . Let's cherry pick the things they shoudl be worried about and shut down few topics.
            Bread and circuses.
            Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
            The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
            The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

I’m confused. Who did I bully?
              Nobody. But C0ckney's remark seemed to imply an empirical base whichc I've been doubting.

Comment

it's nice to hear my remarks give rise to such deep thoughts.
                "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

*Imperfection
                  THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                  AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                  AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                  DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Anyway you should get sarcasm 101 and read it.
                    It sounds like you're the one who could use a crash course.
                    Unbelievable!

Comment

Working...
                    X