Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Oerdin European?

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Originally posted by Whoha

Airbus has fewer Total, but it hasn't been in existence for as long. Boeing is much safer, and this kind of fault would kill an airbus dead.
      It's the little things. When the A340 crashed off the runway in Toronto a few years ago due to having a French pilot, one of the inflatable slides didn't inflate for the evacuation. That's a huge deal. Simple **** like that that the crazy Euros can't figure out.

Then there's other stupid **** like on the A380, it was delayed because no one thought to ask "Hey, all these countries are using different software to develop the plane -- can they actually work together?" Then "****, wait, no, they don't". Classic.
      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

It's like poking a bit at a cactus...

Comment

If you're trying to be proud about something, Echty, it's time to check yourself into an institution. You said something stupid and were counter-trolled, except the difference is the counter-trolls are true so you've nowhere else to go...
          "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."

Comment

Some people better chill...

Discuss the topics and Not the posters...
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm certainly not the one in need of an institution here.

Comment

Boeing
                B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Ming
                  Some people better chill...

Discuss the topics and Not the posters...
                  Good to see you are around. It's interesting you choose to moderate this thread and not Agathon's tirade in the Apple thread.

Comment

It's interesting that you actually think I can read every post in every thread... I post when I see it. Otherwise, I review complaints that I get.

But either way, you are ignoring the key issue.
                    Discuss the topic and not the posters.
                    And if you want to discuss the modding, take it up via PM and NOT in threads.
                    Keep on Civin'

Comment

I'm still confused why you post about it in threads then get all uppity when people reply to it.

Allow me to assist

Comment

Originally posted by Asher
                        I'm still confused why you post about it in threads then get all uppity when people reply to it.

Allow me to assist
                        http://www.apolyton.net/forums/showt...54#post5170454
                        And he got restricted for that... so what is your point?

And please respond via PM and not in the thread... as you have been told repeatedly to do.
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

I'm kinda darkly amused by this what-if notion: what if Asher had moderator rights?
                          B♭3

Comment

I would be consistent, for better or for worse.

Comment

Hmm. I kinda want to watch a flame war, but I have no interest in starting one or participating in one.

Why can't you people not moderate a thread or two, and let them just have at it?

Y'know, those life-long enemies, Oerdin and Tehban.
                              B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by snoopy369
                                Why would the electronics go off if fuel was gone? Does it solely supply electricity via the fuel engine... that would disturb me, the electronics are very important to have if fuel goes out and you need to crash-land I'd think..
                                Electirc generation on comercial jets comes off engines. The electronics are big poer suckers and aircraft cannot aford the battery wieght to power them for any significant time. When the engines are off on the ground, they are powered by ground generator carts or other ground supplied electric. The in flight back up would be a very short (a few seconds) from battery and or capacitors while a wind prop turbine driven by the planes airspeed is deployed.

Here it is possible that the backup did not deploy properly, or that the egine failure was accompanied by serious physical damage to main electrical buss around the engines.
                                Last edited by Lefty Scaevola; January 17, 2008, 17:59.
                                Gaius Mucius Scaevola Sinistra
                                Japher: "crap, did I just post in this thread?"
                                "Bloody hell, Lefty.....number one in my list of persons I have no intention of annoying, ever." Bugs ****ing Bunny
                                From a 6th grader who readily adpated to internet culture: "Pay attention now, because your opinions suck"

Comment

Working...
                                X