Clear All

• Took some pics today...

The plan is to put them in this thread.
    Long time member @ Apolyton
    Civilization player since the dawn of time

This thread would be better with pics.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

My wife who has to bring them up on her comp just fell asleep.

So I'm going to go have a shower.

Comment

the left side shift doesn't work on this comp so no caps.

this is why one builds a seawall. the june storms last year were strong, they are called 'the bagat'. any storms that have a name are likely to be special. they did damage to my property also which is why we ditched all our plans to build what you'll see in the coming pics.

Last edited by Lancer; January 17, 2008, 04:41.

Comment

If you look at the structure back and to the left the end column is hanging in the air and holding its foundation aloft too.

Just to the left of the house that is a crapper that's sitting on its own septic tank.

Comment

my pa-in-law clemente 'mente', and bro-in-law bonifacio 'sho' working on hanging the big double vehicle entrance gates. they were worried that they really screwed up because the holes they dug in the cement columns when they were still soft that hold the gates were 3" too high. to redo them now that the columns are set would be hell. then i told them to add 3" of dirt on the ground and quit worrying.

you can see the errant holes in the column behind. there are 3 on each side.

Pa is our expert on 'wavers' the top part of the wall that throws back the wave.

Sho has gotten good at both masonry and carpentry and is my go-to guy on many things.

Both have become friends.
            Last edited by Lancer; January 17, 2008, 06:19.

Comment

this is the one of a kind steps up to the property through the seawall. the triangular vertical that protects the steps has a cemento chair for a lifeguard to watch the kiddos playing in the ocean. it's got a place for an umbrella and a drink holder. to get there one steps over the crevasse from the seawall.

Comment

this is bia, a strong young fella who is embarrassed to have his pic taken. he spends alot of time looking at girls and a little time working. he is also a boxer who will be the next manny pacquaio, the great philippine 'pac man'of world lightweight boxing. the guy, bia, has endless energy and could go 12 rounds no problem, particularly if there are some girls to look at.

he's available ladies! pm me for address

he's standing on the seawall steps and leaning on the triangular thing that has the cemento chair.

Comment

this is rigo, he's making lunch which consists normally of fish soup. rigo seems to always get stuck cooking, i guess the other workers like his style the best. he told me his secret that i can share with you. 'when the fish stop swimming, it's done'. our jobsite is renowned for good vittles. viddles? hmm.

Comment

bia loading buckets to bring to the other workers. in the background is the loading conveyer for the limestone quarry. ships will pull in, load up and head off for japan, taiwan and the southern philippines.

Comment

uncle rufo, real name 'socrates'.uncle on my ma-in-law's side, she's passed away.

he's doing finishing on the seawall making it very smooth. he'll be married in two months so we give him light duty to save his strength.

the guy sitting to his left is some of the local culture.he does odd jobs for spare pesos and gets a few drinks... nice fella.

you can see where the june storms eroded out the roots of the coconut tree behind.

Comment

uncle eking, papa mente's bro, and rufo getting washed up and ready to eat. rigo's fish quit swimming.

eking is a very skilled carpenter who does wonders with forms for pouring cement, and makes it look easy. he also runs rings around the younger guys.

You can see the top of the seawall behind and the rebar sticking out. We will have a three foot high wall there. Can't have the kiddos taking a spill off the top, and added protection from high waves.
                        Last edited by Lancer; January 17, 2008, 06:05.

Comment

last but not least, for your edification, lancer's zebra feet.

That's called a "suntan" for those of you who might have forgotten.

Comment

What, no bikini clad girls? I am very disappointed.

Comment

Originally posted by Lancer
                              last but not least, for your edification, lancer's zebra feet.

That's called a "suntan" for those of you who might have forgotten.
                              We in the USofA could send you pictures of our grub feet, nearly translucent white blobs of flesh. This is caused by months of sheltering from the cold. 3rd coldest Superbowl in history. Snow level in the L.A. area will soon be down to 3,000 feet or lower. Brrrrrrrrrrrr.

Comment

Working...
                              X