Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good friends can't be bought

Yes, it's true.

I just feel so good about the way one of my friends handled this critical situation. I was the one to blame, I was the one screwing up. Yes, it is rare, but it happens.

you see, I've been under tons of pressure for the last... 2 months or so. Every wall has been crushing me, and I've been confused, I haven't been able to read much, write much anything and so forth. But it's what I signed up for and wanted, so it's been really difficult. It's getting better now though and I'm once again getting my interest back.

So anyway, I had this friend who I had to do some work, and I shamefully delayed it for weeks. He called me up like every week and I just yeah yeah blaablaablaa. Soon. Today. Tomorrow. You know the drill, it's the thing I hate but it's the thing I did. I was simply out of control and tired.

So now I got it done. I feel so great about the fact that my friend never really pressured me. Never. I know he was pissed off. I would have been furious myself. But he acted cool and never gave me **** about it. That means SO much to me. I don't know if I could have been such a tolerant person myself. I don't think I would have. And I know him well, and I know he hates this kind of crap I pulled as well!

But he acted cool. Not a single bad word. Always "Ok cool don't worry about it". So now I feel pretty good about it. Got it done, got treated very well during this crap I pulled... I mean I wouldn't have deserved his understanding but I got it regardless.

So, to good friends You can't buy them.
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Good friends

Screwing over your good friend
    You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by Flubber
      Good friends

Screwing over your good friend
      Q F T

Im aoutta this night soprry, but maaaaaaybe a sthreads here is a troll

Im anc tell right now

Gra,,,sp
      Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

You're lucky to have a good friend. It's good that you know and appreciate it. They don't grow on trees.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
          You're lucky to have a good friend. It's good that you know and appreciate it. They don't grow on trees.

QFT.

And remember to thank him for his patience, and let him know you appreciate his understanding.
          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

You can bribe anyone with enough money.
            Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
            "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Not me. There's thing thing called personal ethics, otherwise known as living with yourself.
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

You can't bribe me with money to have real friendship. Because it doesn't happen like that.

Anyway, I thanked him for his patience. Just had to do that. I think I owe from this that I have to give same treatment to someone else. We'll see.
                In da butt.
                "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Pekka
                  Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
                  I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                    Not me. There's thing thing called personal ethics, otherwise known as living with yourself.
                    Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                    The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                    The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

WTF Pekka?!

Someone has to say it, even if it doesn’t make sense in the thread in question.
                      Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                      The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                      The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Working...
                      X