Iphone GPS, some kind of joke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iphone GPS, some kind of joke?

Why is it called GPS if it triangulates based on cell signal? this has to be some kind of joke by apple. Seriously though this guy hits it

Here's what amuses me. If Microsoft had touted this kind of semi-worthless "feature," in a product, it would be roundly pilloried (with good reason.) Apple fans, like Oprah watchers, just clap and admire. That's iLife for ya.
    "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
    'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Many phone companies actually do this. AGPS (triangulation based on towers with GPS receivers) can be fairly accurate.
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I banish thee to the Technology Subforum

Comment

Re: Iphone GPS, some kind of joke?

Why is it called GPS
        it's not called GPS
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

It's called JewPS and it's how the zionists track your movement.

Comment

No, it's GPS (Gojim Positioning System)
            I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva
              Many phone companies actually do this. AGPS (triangulation based on towers with GPS receivers) can be fairly accurate.
              2-3 square miles accurate? this is a slap in the face.
              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

P.S., Alyce Lomax gets the wag of the day award for this decription of the MacBook Air: It's beautiful. It's skinny, and it can't do much. It's like a supermodel.

I agree, and suspect that all the boys will want one anyway.
                I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

didn't seem like investors were too impressed with the new apple stuff either. Last I checked, apple stock was down 5 points or so relative to it's value pre-talk.
                  The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

It's actually revolutionary. You are just too stupid to realize it.
                    In da butt.
                    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
                    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
                    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Originally posted by DirtyMartini
                      didn't seem like investors were too impressed with the new apple stuff either. Last I checked, apple stock was down 5 points or so relative to it's value pre-talk.
                      Was down quite a bit before that.
                      "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                      Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

I'm assuming the 'down' is mostly due to the iPhone numbers not being as high as they'd hoped... nothing else there was really 'disappointing' per se...
                        <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                        I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

yeah, but, if people had been impressed by Job's presentation, it would have taken an uptick. Instead, it has continued downward. Was trading below 160 earlier today, hasn't closed below 160 since november of last year.
                          The undeserving maintain power by promoting hysteria.

Comment

Working...
                          X