Ralph and Risby Atwood - Tornado Magnets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ralph and Risby Atwood - Tornado Magnets

Thats sad, once is too many and these people have been hit 3 times? Move to Southern Utah if you wanna avoid twisters. I've lived here in Tornado Alley for close to 20 years and never saw a tornado (knocks on wood) and the closest I've been to one was in Anaheim California maybe 3-4 miles from Disneyland. A twister took the roof off a large construction company about a 1/4 mile block from us and about 20 minutes after I passed out with the front door open in that direction.

We did get hit with straight line winds of around 70-90 mph (or who knows) when a thunderstorm front bowed in the center just before reaching us. The roof of our neighbor's shed ended up about 25 ft high in our trees. We have a nice tree line to our south and they live south of the trees and didn't have any protection. But it was impressive, it was just like a shock wave.

If you see one, you won't want to see another.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

nope, although I didn't mind earthquakes I'm scared to death by tornadoes - we get em late here so its usually to dark to see anything so all we got are the sirens and the sound of a coming freight train if we're in the path

Comment

but there is something to the terrain that funnels tornadoes, some areas get a bunch and some dont get any.

Comment

Working...
        X