LCD monitors.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LCD monitors.

Well, my Sony 200PS has finally started to fail after almost 11 years of use averaging around 9-10 hours a day.

At present, the best LCD seems to be the Samsung 226BW. Has anyone had any experience (good or bad) with this monitor?
    There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Mine suddenly bursted into flames when I first plugged it in.
    APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Originally posted by Perfection
      Mine suddenly bursted into flames when I first plugged it in.
      Did the replacement do this as well?
      There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

No, it just leaked mercury onto my desk.
        APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Did you lick it off?

Comment

My cat did

Comment

I SEE THE TECH FORUM IS STILL GETTING ITS **** HANDED TO IT

OH, HELLLO, I HAVE A TECH THREAD ABOUT LCDS. I WILL POST IT IN THE OT AND SNUB THE TECH FORUM, AND WHILE I'M AT IT CAN SOMEBODY GET ME A ANIME FEMALE DRAWING FOR MY AVATAR. I HAVE STUCK IT TO THE MAN DOWN UNDER KANGAROO!

Comment

Comment

Wiggy wigged out!
                  B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Wiglaf
                    KANGAROO!
                    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

OT, I have a 24" samsung and I just it. Besides the fact that LS's pics no longer breaks the screen, it's no longer a problem to have two docs side by side.

All I need is yet another such and a dual video card :greed:
                      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I'm thinking about getting one of those really wide ones and the putting it on its side so that it is tall, not wide.

That way when I program I could keep enourmous amounts of code in my view. I don't know if graphics cards support this though.

Comment

Most cards do support angling the monitor, the question should be does the monitor support this (CRTs were damaged by doing this generally, I'm not sure about LCDs but it's a good idea to check). Though for coding you probably want a wide screen... so you can have the code on one half and documentation on the other half
                          <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                          I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                            I don't know if graphics cards support this though.
                            Mine does.

Comment

Originally posted by VetLegion
                              I'm thinking about getting one of those really wide ones and the putting it on its side so that it is tall, not wide.

That way when I program I could keep enourmous amounts of code in my view. I don't know if graphics cards support this though.
                              Vet, you get a much better effect if you keep it wide. There is nthing better than having program/logfile side by side with the source.
                              With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

Working...
                              X