Hell freezes over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell freezes over

BAGHDAD - After nearly five years of war, Mother Nature has given Baghdad residents a brief moment of delight.

For the first time in memory, snowflakes have fallen in Iraq's capital city.

One 63-year-old man says his father told him of snow falling in the area in the early 1940s, but this was the first time he had ever seen it himself.

He calls it "a magnificent scene" beyond his imagination.

A 19-year-old college student says the snow has brought him "joy" and made it "a very happy" morning in his life.

Morning temperatures uncharacteristically hovered around freezing in Baghdad.

Snow is common in northern Iraq, but usually the closest thing to it in Baghdad is hail.

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

I like how they quote "joy"
    APOSTOLNIK BEANIE BERET BICORNE BIRETTA BOATER BONNET BOWLER CAP CAPOTAIN CHADOR COIF CORONET CROWN DO-RAG FEDORA FEZ GALERO HAIRNET HAT HEADSCARF HELMET HENNIN HIJAB HOOD KABUTO KERCHIEF KOLPIK KUFI MITRE MORTARBOARD PERUKE PICKELHAUBE SKULLCAP SOMBRERO SHTREIMEL STAHLHELM STETSON TIARA TOQUE TOUPEE TRICORN TRILBY TURBAN VISOR WIG YARMULKE ZUCCHETTO

Comment

Working...
    X