Do you need a new car this badly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wow! 33 bhp
    In other words you would get there faster and be more fuel efficient if you walked
    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

It's probably not that much different than the 1980 Datsun 210 hatchback (orange, no less) my mom drove for years. That thing had maybe 50 horsepower. Maybe. But it had its uses.

You could put it in neutral, roll it down the street far enough that certain people wouldn't hear the engine start, and then drive it off...

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian

You could put it in neutral, roll it down the street far enough that certain people wouldn't hear the engine start, and then drive it off...

-Arrian
        My chevette was the same.

Ah, memories...
        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Arrian
          I don't understand deriding this thing. Yes, it's tiny and cheap. It's aimed at people who don't have twenty grand or more to spend on a car.

-Arrian
          I for one am not deriding it. I'm just saying it's ugly, and it is. It could be good value for money or not, depending how often it breaks and how much the repairs cost.

I could personally drive one, but I'd never buy one for a family member, they are too fragile to survive crashes.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
            Looks like the MDI Air Car, which is powered by compressed air.
            I saw a video on youtube about those things. It's a French company that came up with the idea isn't it? Supposedly the "fuel tank" can be refilled at any gas station air compressor and some people have even thought of putting solar panels on the roof so that they can power an electric compressor to refill the tank while the car is parked at the local mall or at the office.

It's only good for urban use but it does mean that decent non-oil based options are out there.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

33 bhp
              Doesn't this mean 33 billion horsepower?!

Comment

I think it's nanohorsepower.
                <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Doesn't this mean 33 billion horsepower?!

Yeah, but divided by a billion Indians.

Comment

Working...
                  X