Say what you want about W....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

You need to go back to elementary school, DM.
      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
        MrFun, who is not funny or fun, is ironic

MrFun calling Asher too gay, is sarcasm

Asher getting mad at MrFun for calling him too gay is trite

Mr. Bush calling someone a threat to world peace is a miracle, as I didn't think monkeys could talk.
        Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
        Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
        We've got both kinds

Comment

Is anyone actually watching Bush's speech in Ramallah? I'm shocked.
          Only feebs vote.

Comment

Originally posted by Patroklos

Thats not irony. Thats somehthing happening in the opposite way than expected, typically causing wry amuesment.

And you fail on both acounts because "W" is only the biggest threat to world peace if you a dillusional.
            hmm, I think the being delusional applies to you as well if you fail to put yourself in the perspecitve of the average Iraqi whose country was invaded because of a bunch of lies and personal frustrations of a few.

the real irony of your comment is that the further you move to the political right all empathic abilities for anything that does not happen to your "inner circle" seem to go out the window although moral authority is increasingly used as a basis for justification.
            "Ceterum censeo Ben esse expellendum."

Comment

If irony is something that was opposite to what was expected, then this certainly isn't ironic. Who *didn't* expect Bush to fingerpoint at Iran and call it a threat to America/world peace/civilization/God/some other synonym?
              This is Shireroth, and Giant Squid will brutally murder me if I ever remove this link from my signature | In the end it won't be love that saves us, it will be mathematics | So many people have this concept of God the Avenger. I see God as the ultimate sense of humor -- SlowwHand

Comment

Originally posted by Ari Rahikkala
                If irony is something that was opposite to what was expected, then this certainly isn't ironic. Who *didn't* expect Bush to fingerpoint at Iran and call it a threat to America/world peace/civilization/God/some other synonym?
                Incorrect definition.

Irony often requires a perverse twist rather than just an opposite of what is expected or something unusual.

A fire station burning down is irony. A police station being burgled is irony. A town planner being stuck in traffic is irony.

In the context of the joke, Bush is not being ironic, rather he is being hypocritical. The situation can be seen as ironic in the context of the warmonger is calling for peace and the peaceful guy is calling for war. You have to accept certain political viewpoints to make it work.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker

I didn't find the joke funny because it was trite and it wasn't even ironic.
                  You don't understand irony then.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Dauphin seems to be right

Comment

As usual
                      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
                      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
                      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
                      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

I just wish one of the current crop of US presidential hopefulls had the potential of being as entertaining as George Dubyah Bush.
                        There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Ron Paul?
                          Modern man calls walking more quickly in the same direction down the same road “change.”
                          The world, in the last three hundred years, has not changed except in that sense.
                          The simple suggestion of a true change scandalizes and terrifies modern man. -Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Comment

Originally posted by Heraclitus
                            Ron Paul?
                            I initially thought "Who the hell is he?", but then I googled the name.

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/827544/ron_paul_girl/
                            There's no game in The Sims. It's not a game. It's like watching a tank of goldfishes and feed them occasionally. - Urban Ranger

Comment

Did no-one notice that W called for the end of the Occupation today and the establishment of a Palestinian State, and did so in more forceful terms than any US President has ever done so before?

You'd think that would be news worth discussing. I had to pinch myself when I was watching him.
                              Only feebs vote.

Comment

I've just been reading. Fair play to him, I'm stunned.
                                Jon Miller: MikeH speaks the truth
                                Jon Miller: MikeH is a shockingly revolting dolt and a masturbatory urine-reeking sideshow freak whose word is as valuable as an aging cow paddy.
                                We've got both kinds

Comment

Working...
                                X