No announcement yet.

Imagine Me, Here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait... they offer vacation? Isn't that pretty much required by the law anyway? How is that an offer? It's like "you'll get to work with highly motivated professionals" or "You'll get a seat in the top of the industry".
    In da butt.
    "Do not worry if others do not understand you. Instead worry if you do not understand others." - Confucius
    THE UNDEFEATED SUPERCITIZEN w:4 t:2 l:1 (DON'T ASK!)
    "God is dead" - Nietzsche. "Nietzsche is dead" - God.

Comment

Did you apply? Changed anything in the resume?

How much do expect they pay for that position? I'd like to compare to salaries for the same job here.

Comment

Originally posted by LordShiva

But why? You need to be proactive in order to leverage teh synergies to impact your methodologies. There's no other way to strategise in an emerging cross-division organizational matrix.
        My all time favourite is "synergy". There is simply no situation in the known universe where it can't be used to good effect.

Comment

At the end of the day, when all is said and done, it is important that we continue to move forward with our mission statement.
          Libraries are state sanctioned, so they're technically engaged in privateering. - Felch
          I thought we're trying to have a serious discussion? It says serious in the thread title!- Al. B. Sure

Comment

That would be just too funny...

Were you one of the invaders pre-emptive defenders LIBERATORS of their forums back in 2001?
            I'm consitently stupid- Japher
            I think that opinion in the United States is decidedly different from the rest of the world because we have a free press -- by free, I mean a virgorously presented right wing point of view on the air and available to all.- Ned

Comment

Something to think about while you wait:

IBM:
              I've Been Moved
              Idiots Become Managers
              Idiots Buy More
              Impossible to Buy Machine
              Incredibly Big Machine
              Industry's Biggest Mistake
              International Brotherhood of Mercenaries
              It Boggles the Mind
              It's Better Manually
              Itty-Bitty Machines
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Pekka
                Wait... they offer vacation? Isn't that pretty much required by the law anyway? How is that an offer? It's like "you'll get to work with highly motivated professionals" or "You'll get a seat in the top of the industry".
                Not in America, my friend. My last job was assume in that it had three weeks paid vacation starting (I was laid off yesterday). Generally, two weeks is about all you get, if you get paid vacation, unless you're in upper management. Many places you get unpaid vacation.
                Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Many of you seem to be missing the point that NewsMax is a Rush Limbaugh company, IIRC.
                  Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

You should apply. I hear it's fast-growing company with an energetic environment.
                    "Every time I have to make a tough decision, I ask myself, 'What would Tom Cruise do?' Then I jump up and down on the couch." - Neil Strauss

Comment

Originally posted by chegitz guevara

Not in America, my friend. My last job was assume in that it had three weeks paid vacation starting (I was laid off yesterday). Generally, two weeks is about all you get, if you get paid vacation, unless you're in upper management. Many places you get unpaid vacation.
                      I've never seen a full time job where you didn't get two week's paid vacation... and that's including retail. Only one i'm not sure about is waitstaffing... and paid vacation doesn't have a lot of meaning for that position (since you make virtually nothing except tips).
                      <Reverend> IRC is just multiplayer notepad.
                      I like your SNOOPY POSTER! - While you Wait quote.

Comment

Working...
                      X