Musharraf on Bhutto's death- "I think it was she to blame alone"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musharraf on Bhutto's death- "I think it was she to blame alone"

Former Pakistani Prime Minister Benazir Bhutto's assassination was her own fault, the country's president, Pervez Musharraf, said in an interview that aired Sunday on U.S. television.

His line of reasoning is that if she hadn't poked her head out of the armoured car she was riding in, she wouldn't have been killed. A valid point; she was bullet bait and knew it so she should have kept covered.

Now, I don't hold a degree in ethics, criminology, or any such thing, but something tells me that at least SOME of the blame for her death should possibly be placed on the guy that shot her in the neck. Am I wrong?

Oh wait, I'm forgetting that the official line is that she probably died from a bump on the head trying to duck back into the car. I guess they should have performed an autopsy.
    Her
    14.29%
    The assassin
    42.86%
    Her mother for having her
    14.29%
    Her father for being executed and passing party leadership on to her
    0.00%
    The man with a banana on the grassy knoll
    28.57%

She got the assassin mad at her first.
    "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
    "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
    "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
    "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Musharraf? Hi.

You're a dick.
      B♭3

Comment

Blame the victim

Comment

She was asking for it. Did you see the way she was dressed?
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Clearly Musharraf was to blame
            "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
            "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

I was just surprised they didn't manage to kill her sooner. She really didn't seem to make that much of an effort to protect herself...

Comment

Her son lives next door to a friend of mine; they're both at Christchurch in Oxford... can't imagine he's feeling too great right now; he's now got the pressure of being the titular head of the PPP, the possibility of being a target and has just lost his mother.
                "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Re: Musharraf on Bhutto's death- "I think it was she to blame alone"

Originally posted by LotC
                  [url]I guess they should have performed an autopsy.
                  As I understand it, her husband ruled that option out. We can't blame Musharif for that...
                  "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                  "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

I wouldn't blame her, but forgoing the protection of her armored car was stupid.

Generally if you warrent the use of an armored car it probably means you should take advantage of it.
                    "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

Hmm...coming soon: "Bhutto Reloaded."
                      1011 1100
                      Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

If I fail to wear a seat belt, and you crash into me cause you ran a light while speeding, and the police man who was supposed to be patrolling and would have stopped you was off munching a doughnut, and I die, whose fault is my death? Mine, yours, or the cops?
                        "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by lord of the mark
                            If I fail to wear a seat belt, and you crash into me cause you ran a light while speeding, and the police man who was supposed to be patrolling and would have stopped you was off munching a doughnut, and I die, whose fault is my death? Mine, yours, or the cops?
                            Dunkin' Donuts.
                            I've allways wanted to play "Russ Meyer's Civilization"

Comment

Clearly. DD has the money. That's who you sue...

-Arrian
                              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Working...
                              X