Pick any dead person to be the leader of your country

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pick any dead person to be the leader of your country

You get to pick any dead person(who will come back to life, no zombies) to hold the highest office in your country, during the next election, American President, British Prime Minister etc.

Who do you pick and more importantly WHY?

I need a little time to think about it before I post my own answer. I am leaning strongly towards James Maddison.

Dose the same magic that revives them also infuse their minds with the ability to speak the vernacular language of our the country to be lead, acknowledge of modern customs, norms and government structures, and equivalent of an ivy league degree in the profession they previously practiced(not more intelligent just how what they would have been able to learn in such an environment)?

If so then Gandhi, otherwise JFK
    Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

They can speak your language. They do not learn anything new magically, all they know, is what they know.

Comment

Only 1 "d" in your hero's name.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

faded glory
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

William Pitt the Younger.
            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Pitt teh Even Younger

Pitt teh Glint in teh Milkman's Eye
              THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
              AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
              AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
              DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Ronald Reagan. He scared the **** out of everyone else when he was alive, and zombie Reagan would be worse.
                B♭3

Comment

Either of the Roosevelt cousins.

Comment

Ronald Reagan would set a few things straight around here.

Comment

Ooh, good choice. Maybe the hot one, y'know, with the polio?
                      B♭3

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                        I'm assuming you were responding to my brilliant post and not to Winston's ... er ... less than brilliant post.

Comment

Unfortunately, the fact that they do not have time to learn about our age disallow us to select a lot of leaders, like Pericles, because for sure they will spend a big part of the mandate learning about the current times. In this case, I guess we are forced to select someone that has lived in the XX century or so.

I would say F.D.R. I am not sure that there are not dark times ahead, either because of a severe economic meltdown or a political issue because of the terror or the war on terror. In my humble opinion, FDR had experience on both economic problems, political crisis and wars, and, as such, would be a very safe election. Of course, I really hope that none of that special knowledge would be needed
                          Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE AND RESCUE MY COUNTRY! [/obscure pop culture reference]

I went to Washington College and feel obligated as a point of loyalty to say George Washington. Besides, the man basically refused a crown. That's integrity.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Originally posted by Q Cubed
                              Opps! sorry, Q Cubed, Zkribbler, your post and mine crossed (I took a lot of time to think about the answer, sorry).
                              Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Working...
                              X