No announcement yet.

American Airlines to test anti-missile system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have they done anything along the lines of preventing terrorists from flying their planes into buildings, like giving ground controllers the ability to take control of a plane that's been hiojackes??
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Have they done anything along the lines of preventing terrorists from flying their planes into buildings, like giving ground controllers the ability to take control of a plane that's been hiojackes??
      That would actually be harder to impliment than and anti-missile system.
      "The DPRK is still in a state of war with the U.S. It's called a black out." - Che explaining why orbital nightime pictures of NK show few lights. Seriously.

Comment

I fail to see the threat to US domestic flights that would justify what is obviously a multi-million dollar programme. Has there been any cases ever of an airliner being shot down by such a missile?
        "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
        "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

No, and there never will be thanks to this device!
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by Whaleboy
            I fail to see the threat to US domestic flights that would justify what is obviously a multi-million dollar programme. Has there been any cases ever of an airliner being shot down by such a missile?
            Precisely. It is just more posturing to keep the idea in everyones mind that we are still waging a 'war on terror' and there are evil, swarthy types that want to kill all the westerners...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
              It makes sense for El-Al. Why would American Airlines need it?
              So they have yet another excuse for delaying flights?

"Attention, please. Flight 109 for Newark will be delayed forty-five minutes due to unforeseen anti-missile system calibration maintenance.

Also, we ask that captain Richard Pierce please proceed to gate 23 immediately.

Thank you."

Comment

Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

there are evil, swarthy types that want to kill all the westerners...
                  People who live in Elephant & Castle?
                  "I work in IT so I'd be buggered without a computer" - Words of wisdom from Provost Harrison
                  "You can be wrong AND jewish" - Wiglaf :love:

Comment

Working...
                  X