No announcement yet.

Are you afraid of flying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I used to be but I guess I grew out of it. Now when I fly I just ask the steward for a pillow and blanket then goto sleep.
    "'Let there be light!' said God, and there was light.
    'Let there be blood!' says man, and there's a sea!"

Comment

I Generally can't keep awake. It is really boring.

I find it unpleasent if I am ill though. (not throw up unpleasent, just feel bad unpleasent)

I don't like the whole process of getting into the plane though.

JM
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I have no fear of flying (which is handy since I have a 900 mile commute home on weekends) but I'm not fond of landing.
        We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
        If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
        Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

No, I do not have any fear of flying, landing or whatever. But as some other people has said, I prefer other travel mechanism is the amount of time spent is not too much.

For instance, flight from Madrid to Malaga = 45 min. Train from Madrid to Malaga = 2h 30min. However, I prefer train, because:

1) The airports are usually outside the cities. As I usually try to live in the cities, it means that I need like 30 minutes to go to the airport, while the train station is much closer in my case.
          2) Train wait time: 10 minutes. I can be 10 minutes before the train left, and still take it. Plane wait time (recommended): 55 minutes for the terminal in Madrid that has the flight to Malaga.
          3) Planes get late 25% of times, train never got late for me (although this Christmas was it got late for a lot of people).
          Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

The only thing I don´t like on flying is what ming already mentioned.

I.e. the constant wait. Especially waiting on the ground in the plane because your plane is being Number 20 (or more) for T/O. It is especially torturous if you drank something a while before boarding the plane and during your wait in the plane your bladder begins to beg for attention.
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I like flying, actually. The TSA's a ginormous joke, though... your tax dollars at work!

Comment

Working...
              X