Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which US Election Candidate would you vote for right now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which US Election Candidate would you vote for right now?

Democratic or Republican, if you had the right to vote in the US who would you vote for, and why? Just curious.

Ordered as per the BBC site below:

BBC US Election 2008 site
    Mike Huckabee
    7.02%
    Fred Thompson
    5.26%
    Hillary Rodham Clinton
    14.04%
    John Edwards
    8.77%
    Rudolph Giuliani
    7.02%
    John McCain
    3.51%
    Barack Obama
    33.33%
    Mitt Romney
    3.51%
    Banana! Apt fruit for a nation that is a democracy in name only
    17.54%
    Last edited by MOBIUS; January 3, 2008, 07:49.
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Ron Paul, of course.

Comment

This will be on Digg tomorrow: "Well known Civilization site excludes Ron Paul from its poll!!!!!"
      Only feebs vote.

Comment

Joe Biden, of course

Comment

Al Gore, of course.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Ron Paul has been excluded!

*goes to Digg*
            Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Rudy! Rudy! Rudy!
              (Not the hobbit)
              Attached Files
              Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
              1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

You left off Ron Paul.

Ron Paul.

I am a New Yorker and wanted him to run in in 2004, I liked him. Then he came on a fox debate and explained he is pro torture and anti protecting our rights and the constitution.

Comment

Originally posted by Vesayen
                  I am a New Yorker and wanted him to run in in 2004, I liked him. Then he came on a fox debate and explained he is pro torture and anti protecting our rights and the constitution.
                  Refering to Ron Paul or Guliani?

JM
                  Jon Miller-
                  I AM.CANADIAN
                  GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Mike Huckabee
                    USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA! USA!
                    The video may avatar is from

Comment

Originally posted by Jon Miller

Refering to Ron Paul or Guliani?

JM
                      Guliani.

Comment

Obama ftw!
                        Companions the creator seeks, not corpses, not herds and believers. Fellow creators, the creator seeks - those who write new values on new tablets. Companions the creator seeks, and fellow harvesters; for everything about him is ripe for the harvest. - Thus spoke Zarathustra, Fredrick Nietzsche

Comment

"Banana! Apt fruit for a nation that is a democracy in name only"

Okay, accepting for the sake of argument that the U.S. is in fact a democracy in name only (no, I don't want to hear your reasoning unless it's part of your answer to this question), why is the banana particularly appropriate as a symbol? Are non-democracies high in potassium, or prone to fungal blight?

In response to the poll, I guess I'm now a very reluctant Hillary supporter. I like Obama's style more, but he needs experience and it shows.
                          1011 1100
                          Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I'm pretty much where Elok is, for this poll. I'm a Dodd supporter, but by the time I get to vote he'll be out of the race. Of the 3 Dems likely to still be in there, I most support Hillary right now. But I could easily switch camps if Obama suddenly displayed a little more substance -- and started reminding me less of Jimmy Carter in '76.
                            "I have as much authority as the pope. I just don't have as many people who believe it." — George Carlin

Comment

Originally posted by Elok
                              "Banana! Apt fruit for a nation that is a democracy in name only"

Okay, accepting for the sake of argument that the U.S. is in fact a democracy in name only (no, I don't want to hear your reasoning unless it's part of your answer to this question), why is the banana particularly appropriate as a symbol? Are non-democracies high in potassium, or prone to fungal blight?
                              Banana Republic - I thought it was that obvious I didn't need to explain myself.

Your country is a poor excuse for a democracy where voting irregularities and disenfranchisement of key sectors of the community can influence the outcome of an election where voters are essentially persuaded to vote for whomever has the deepest pockets...

Still, at least no one has beaten or blown up Obama yet...
                              Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Working...
                              X