Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Deity Dude
    Did Ron Paul ever say

a) he didn't believe in the theory of evolution.

or did he just say

b) it wasn't an appropriate question in a political debate.

I totally agree with answer "b" because the only point of that question to a politician is to cause controversy. Afterall when will his opinion on evolution ever come into effect in office.

If his answer was "a" I don't find it disqualifying for the reasons given above. But I find it unlikely that a medical doctor would believe "a"

If someone here says that his answer was "a" please provide a source or stop saying he said that. This si the whole problem with "non-mainstream" candidates. In the Democratic debates they asked everyone about 10 questions then the asked Kucinech if he saw a UFO. I am not a Kucinech fan but I use it as an example of what the media does to candidates they don't like.
    Hi,

If you allow a non-american to comment on the issue, in this youtube video he appears to say

"I do not accept it as a theory"
    Hope it helps!
    Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

• Originally posted by Deity Dude
      Did Ron Paul ever say

a) he didn't believe in the theory of evolution.

or did he just say

b) it wasn't an appropriate question in a political debate.

I totally agree with answer "b" because the only point of that question to a politician is to cause controversy. Afterall when will his opinion on evolution ever come into effect in office.

If his answer was "a" I don't find it disqualifying for the reasons given above. But I find it unlikely that a medical doctor would believe "a"

If someone here says that his answer was "a" please provide a source or stop saying he said that. This si the whole problem with "non-mainstream" candidates. In the Democratic debates they asked everyone about 10 questions then the asked Kucinech if he saw a UFO. I am not a Kucinech fan but I use it as an example of what the media does to candidates they don't like.
      Listen to what he said himself, it is not long:

UPDATE 3a: Edited clip here: This clip was changed to a slightly longer version to make sure RP’s full answer was given. UPDATE 2: Ron Paul says “It’s a Theory … I don&#8217…

Comment

• From that . it sounds like he says it's not an appropriate issue for political debate. Then he says it is a theory that he questions. So to use my 2 choices (a) or (b) I guess he definitely falls into (b) and probably falls into (a).

But like I said, it really doesn't matter... as long as he is right on the issues that matter for his job. Biologists should probably believe in "Evolution" (assuming that there is one theory of evolution, and it is accepted by all people in that field. And I am not talking about consensus as in the Global Warming consensus which proved not to be one).

But as an American Candidate for President, he should accept and defend the Constitution as the Law of the Land, unlike most politicians (and citizens for that matter) who only give it lip service
        Last edited by Deity Dude; January 6, 2008, 06:08.

Comment

• After watching the SC debate last night, I think Ron Paul should be excluded from the debates. He is a total wacko with no chance of getting the nomination. And, he is a total distraction to the other candidates who try to have a serious discussion of the issues. It won't hurt his free speech: he's got the money to do campaign rallies and town hall meetings where he can rant all he wants.
          'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
          G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

Comment

• Anyone hear about the supposedly racist pamphlet Ron Paul is alleged to have written in the 1980's? Ron Paul is deny it and claiming it is some sort of dirty trick to disparage his reputation.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Oerdin
              Anyone hear about the supposedly racist pamphlet Ron Paul is alleged to have written in the 1980's? Ron Paul is deny it and claiming it is some sort of dirty trick to disparage his reputation.
              Do you refer to this?

I tihnk it was commented in another thread.
              Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Working...
              X