"Feed The Warrior"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Feed The Warrior"

One of the better commercials I've seen for a while. The hunter in the background is classic.

I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Lots of American adverts just....aren't that good. Now a gorilla playing the drums. That'll make me buy chocolate any day.
    Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
    -Richard Dawkins

Comment

This is definitely American humor. I agree.
      I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Brit humo(u)r. Gorilla playing drums. Monty Python SUCKS.
        Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
        "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
        He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
          Lots of American adverts just....aren't that good. Now a gorilla playing the drums. That'll make me buy chocolate any day.
          I watched that one on YouTube
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Originally posted by Starchild
            That advert just didn't work on me. Instead I went out and bought a gorilla and a drumkit...
            Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
              Monty Python SUCKS.
              Originally posted by Serb:Please, remind me, how exactly and when exactly, Russia bullied its neighbors?
              Originally posted by Ted Striker:Go Serb !
              Originally posted by Pekka:If it was possible to capture the essentials of Sepultura in a dildo, I'd attach it to a bicycle and ride it up your azzes.

Comment

SlowwHand SUCKS.
                Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison
                    SlowwHand SUCKS.

Heeeeeeyyyy, maaaaannnn! Don't be treating me that way.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Well maybe just your sense of humour then (and yes, it does have a 'u' in it )
                      Speaking of Erith:

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand
                        Monty Python SUCKS.
                        "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                        "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Dauphin
                          Yeh, that one wasn't funny to me, I'm afraid.

Comment

video embedded by Dauphin. The one you've embedded is OK, DanS, but I didn't find it laugh out loudable.

I'm Canadian, but my heritage is more British than American so...
                            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
                            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Originally posted by SlowwHand Monty Python SUCKS.

Them's fighting words partner
                              Last edited by embalmer42; January 2, 2008, 19:37.
                              If at first you don't succeed, take the bloody hint and give up.

Comment

Working...
                              X