New Year's Eve Check In

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

got home this noon... I'm wrecked :/
    "An archaeologist is the best husband a women can have; the older she gets, the more interested he is in her." - Agatha Christie
    "Non mortem timemus, sed cogitationem mortis." - Seneca

Comment

I went out with six friends, their girl friends, and a really hot Czech girl who is a friend of mine. We had dinner at Jack's La Jolla:

The place was awesome, it's only been open for a year but it was named one of the 10 best new restaurants in the US and the owner/head chef used to be the chef de cuisine at New York's Jean Georges. I started out with the Dungeness Crab Spring Rolls with Papaya Mustard Emulsion (YUMMY!), had a lychee fruit infused vodka martini which tasted great, main course was the Rack of Lamb (Boureki, Bulgar Wheat, Spicy Olive Vinaigrette), and dessert was Chocolate Caramel Custard (Baked Meringues, Chocolate Sorbet). Bill was a little over $100. The place had four different floors with the first two being fine dinning, the third a piano lounge/bar, and the top floor being a night club. The food and booze were great though I got a bit drunk and midnight until I got home around 4:30 (a friend drove us all) is a bit fuzzy.
      Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Worked.

At least it was time and a half...
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Oerdin
          lychee fruit infused vodka martini
          lol chick drink
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

It's ok, that was just a starter. After dinner we head up stairs to the bar and continued drinking for several hours. Whiskey + Champagne = hang over.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Sounds like a great dinner, Oerdin. I was supposed to do the high-end gourmet thing but tragically took ill. My wife and daughter went without me.

I'm about to attempt a scrambled egg as a milestone on my road to recovery. Ironic...
              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Put some Tabasco sauce on it.
                Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

I got home around 0030, bed by 0100. I chose to work the afternoon shift. Nothing special.
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

This is my second morning after and my humanity has returned, the calendar has an '8', but the rest seems the same.

Survivor!
                    Long time member @ Apolyton
                    Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

i stayed home and watched season of The Office.

i wasn't allowed to go out

Comment

The FBI is a harsh taskmaster.
                        Long time member @ Apolyton
                        Civilization player since the dawn of time

Comment

oh, i meant season 3 btw. i must not have hit the '3' key...

i took cute pictures though! actually, they're really not that cute. they're more silly/wtf-ish. i my siblings.

Comment

Originally posted by Provost Harrison

Sounds like a classy lady! If you get on well with her, she may vomit in it too...
                            You know it's the way I like 'em.
                            One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Working...
                            X