Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Vesayen
    HOLY LAWSUIT BATMAN!
    None of the family is left to do the suing -- that is, unless the sister and her husband do it.
    I came upon a barroom full of bad Salon pictures in which men with hats on the backs of their heads were wolfing food from a counter. It was the institution of the "free lunch" I had struck. You paid for a drink and got as much as you wanted to eat. For something less than a rupee a day a man can feed himself sumptuously in San Francisco, even though he be a bankrupt. Remember this if ever you are stranded in these parts. ~ Rudyard Kipling, 1891

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
      If one of the adults in the house had a gun the death toll might've been different.
      Apparently one of the adults in the house had a gun. That's why six people are dead. Now if no one in the house had a gun . . .
      Christianity: The belief that a cosmic Jewish Zombie who was his own father can make you live forever if you symbolically eat his flesh and telepathically tell him you accept him as your master, so he can remove an evil force from your soul that is present in humanity because a rib-woman was convinced by a talking snake to eat from a magical tree...

Comment

Originally posted by Straybow
        If one of the adults in the house had a gun the death toll might've been different.
        edit: Che beat me to it.
        "post reported"Winston, on the barricades for freedom of speech
        "I don't like laws all over the world. Doesn't mean I am going to do anything but post about it."Jon Miller

Comment

Originally posted by aneeshm
          If ever there were justification for Biblical punishment, this would be it.

I'm with Gatekeeper on this one:

Solitary, in a single room with no chance of suicide, no internet, no books, no human contact - food will be served by machines, any other requirement will be met through recorded messages to the prison staff, so that no feedback is possible, and any repairs to the cell will be conducted transferring the inmate to another cell by means of a machine, or by sedating the inmate and moving the inmate temporarily to another cell while asleep - and in general, no communication with the outside world. This cell must also have no sense of day or night - no natural light allowed. The inmate also has no chronometers, so no way of keeping time. The inmate is allowed to switch the lights on or off at will, so that all possible connections with reality are severed.
          So you think the appropriate response to someone who is clearly insane commiting a crime, is to torture them for the rest of their lives?

If the original post is evidence thart all Americans are criminals, then this post is proof that all Indians are blood thirsty, retributionalist maniacs.
          Last edited by Vesayen; December 29, 2007, 21:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko
            Gun control seems to work real good in a strict gun control nation.

Think again before you label an entire nation crazy.
            4 Murders in a whole week for a country of 60 million people AFTER 'a massive increase' in gun crime. I wonder how many people are murdered in an average week in the US...?

All you've done is prove what a massively safe country the UK is for gun crime compared to the US...

Thanks
            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Why don't you take a walk in the woods and see if you can become bear crap?
              Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
              "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
              He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

So you think the appropriate response to someone who is clearly insane commiting a crime, is to torture them for the rest of their lives?
                If she was provably insane, the best thing to do is to kill her the minute they prove she is insane, the same way we put down a rabid dog.

All those who were not insane, however, and knowingly took part in the should go through the hell that I have described. Best deterrent possible.

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV

Ah, that explains the arrogance, Euro******ry, and know it all attitude.
                  Why don't you use other hateful slurs, like "******" or "spic" to talk about something you think is stupid?
                  A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

If she was provably insane, the best thing to do is to kill her the minute they prove she is insane, the same way we put down a rabid dog.

All those who were not insane, however, and knowingly took part in the should go through the hell that I have described. Best deterrent possible.
                    I am not in favor of the death penalty but I can understand the desire to want to execute her.

Putting her in a sensory deprivation chamber for the rest of her life is inhuman.

Comment

I am not in favor of the death penalty but I can understand the desire to want to execute her.
                      Nobody likes killing a rabid dog, it just has to be done.

Putting her in a sensory deprivation chamber for the rest of her life is inhuman.
                      If it prevents a single repeat of such an incident, is it? Weighing the tradeoffs - an action subjectively and instinctively perceived to be inhuman (against a person who doesn't really qualify for human rights in the first place, given their actions), as against the objective deterrence this provides to other sane people - what should be chosen?

And it's not really sensory deprivation. She's go food, water, and a cell, along with lights she can control as she wants, plus free medical treatment for the rest of her life.

Comment

It was not only the daughter who commited the crime, but her boyfriend as well (who, according to the detailed report in Fox news was responsible for shooting the parents)

It doesn´t sound like they were insane but committed the murder cold blooded (with her killing her sister in law and her 2 children only because she wanted to leave no witnesses of the crime).

But I disagree that a life in prison under the conditions you described would be a correct punishment. Those machines you described would first have to be developed and their maintenance costs would make her imprisonment probably more expensive than that of normal prisoners, evrything just because you want to torture her for the things she had done.

Normally I am against death penalty, but this seems to be one of the rare cases where it IMHO is justified. There seems to be absolutely no doubt that the sister and her boyfriend were responsible for the crime, they did it in cold blood, without mercy and against people who posed no threat to them, including small children, just to cover their tracks.
                        IMHO the best circumstances for a quick execution without her (and her boyfriend) having to stay in prison for years waiting for the execution while the case has to be taken through all instances.
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

I think Apolyton doesn't love me and it makes me very sad and depressed
                          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                          Middle East!

Comment

I'm just waiting for one of the Yank posters who owns a gun to think that...
                            Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Comment

Originally posted by Reiko
                              Sheffield

A man is found slumped at the wheel of his car after being shot in the Walkley area of the city. Police say that Lester Divers, 32, who died from a single gunshot to the head administered from close range, is the victim of a "planned and well-executed shooting".
                              I wonder if he added "no pun intended"...

Comment

Working...
                              X