New years: Whats going down?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New years: Whats going down?

So, what'll happen on new years with you? What Are your plans?

Me, I have no idea....

Spec.
    -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

I plan on not going to work. Also, I plan on writing a series of New Years resolutions that I have no intention of following through with for the express purpose of making myself feel bad.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
      "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Usually, we stay at home on Amateur Night, but this year is different.

We're going out for an outrageous, exxxpensive 5-course dinner by the best French chef in the Chicago area. Should take about 3 hours to get through it all. Very decadent -- can't wait.

Afterwards, we will go home to quietly ring in the new year. Possibly while sleeping. When you get old, you stop caring about these things.
        Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
        RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Probably be stuck in a house full of Saffers. Most Aussies and Kiwis have gone home for the holidays.
          One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Meal plus traditional music in a Russian Restaurant.

Comment

a few of my mates are going to godskitchen at air, in birmingham. however, i can't really be bothered to go all the way up there and i could do with saving some money in any case.

so a house party in swansea beckons, i have a few options, which i'll be considering in the coming days.
              "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Champagne and homecooked meal at my flat with my best mate, then maybe venturing out into Brighton to see what's going on.
                Exult in your existence, because that very process has blundered unwittingly on its own negation. Only a small, local negation, to be sure: only one species, and only a minority of that species; but there lies hope. [...] Stand tall, Bipedal Ape. The shark may outswim you, the cheetah outrun you, the swift outfly you, the capuchin outclimb you, the elephant outpower you, the redwood outlast you. But you have the biggest gifts of all: the gift of understanding the ruthlessly cruel process that gave us all existence [and the] gift of revulsion against its implications.
                -Richard Dawkins

Comment

For me and tuber a block party with food, fireworks and booze.
                  When you find yourself arguing with an idiot, you might want to rethink who the idiot really is.
                  "It can't rain all the time"-Eric Draven
                  Being dyslexic is hard work. I don't even try anymore.

Comment

I get to work until midnight New Year's Eve. No idea yet what I'll be doing New Year's Day ... sleep, eat and watch football, probably.

Gatekeeper
                    "I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll die defending your right to say it." — Voltaire

"Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart." — Confucius

Comment

Working...
                    X