CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Originally posted by Addled Platypus
      lets not forget

Old Mans War
      Ghosts Brigade
      Last Colony

orderd from SFB, good reads
      Already mentioned Scalzi in post #10. Great new author, though! Another good book in the military sci-fi genre is "Armor" by John Steakley.

Originally posted by Heraclitus
      Two words: Frank Herbert
      My avatar is from the cover of Herbert's short story collection "Eye". And "The Dosadi Experiment" is one of my all-time favorites -absoulte masterpiece!

"Divide and Rule
      Subdivide and rule more thoroughly
      Fragment and rule absolutely"

Comment

Ok, finished with Ender's Game. Which of the Ender series should I read next... or what come next chronologicaly?
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Speaker for the Dead IIRC...
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
            Ok, finished with Ender's Game. Which of the Ender series should I read next... or what come next chronologicaly?
            Hmm, next Ender stories will be very different.. so, if you want know what happened on earth after those events and more about other Battle School students and have similar books to Enders Game, go for Enders Shadow.

Otoh, if you want to know what happened to Ender and Valentine in the future, continue to Speaker for the Dead. It will be very different and more philosophical. They're good, but first time i tried Speaker i was WTF?

Personal recommendation -> Shadow series first, then other Ender sequels.

Comment

Read Speaker for the Dead next. IMO, the best book in the Ender series. It really is an amazing book.
              “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
              - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I'll need to re-read Speaker again. It was 91' when i read it and i was 15 then... well now it's reserved from library again.

Comment

Both Ender's Game and Speaker for the Dead received Hugo & Nebula Awards. Xenocide was nominated for a Hugo.
                  Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
                  Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
                  One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Comment

I'm going for chronological order, so it looks like Ender's Shadow is it. It'll be interesting to see things from Bean's perspective.

BTW, I have read Speaker for the Dead, if that is the one where humans first meet the second alien inteligence.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Heh, i just realized that i actually own Speaker for the Dead. I had bought it when library was cleaning up more used books. Nice.

Comment

Working...
                      X