Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas Shopper Goes on Rampage, Shot Dead by Police

Wild boar killed in French shop

French police have riddled a wild boar with bullets after it got into a clothes shop in the city of Poitiers, forcing customers to flee.

The boar, weighing 90kg (198lb), was shot after it began charging at police, the French news agency AFP reported.

The incident happened on Saturday near a busy hypermarket on the edge of the city, in central France.

Fifteen people were evacuated and the shop reopened two hours later. Two other boars were seen in the area.

The boars are believed to be part of a larger group that forestry workers are trying to relocate.

Local police said the officers who opened fire were not used to dealing with such incidents.
    BBC, News, BBC News, news online, world, uk, international, foreign, british, online, service

Roast boar for Christmas dinner! (Mind the bullets.)
    Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety. - Ben Franklin
    Iain Banks missed deadline due to Civ | The eyes are the groin of the head. - Dwight Schrute.
    One more turn .... One more turn .... | WWTSD

Finally, something the French can handle.
    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Obelix
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
      AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
      AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
      DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

They should have tased it

Comment

Originally posted by Kuciwalker
          They should have tased it
          We're talking about the French here.

Did they offer to put it on a pension?
          "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
          "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Comment

The boar, weighing 90kg (198lb)
              Tiny, by boar standards.
              The genesis of the "evil Finn" concept- Evil, evil Finland

Comment

If you ever see the kind of people who shop at Wal-Mart, you'll find that story is not surprising.

Comment

They shot the Hogfather!!!

Comment

Hogfather is gone ?

Comment

Hey I just watched that movie last night on Ion. Man was that weird. I am however considering putting up a display next year of Death as the Hogfather.

The people next door to me have a fetish for those lighted deer. They buy a new one every year, so they now have a rather sizeable herd on their front lawn this Christmas. I've been contemplating going down into my shop and constructing a little pack of lighted wolves to set out front, having them facing the little herd of deer. I think that a figure of Father Death wearing his Hogfather robe would do nicely too.
                      "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Strangelove
                        ... I think that a figure of Father Death wearing his Hogfather robe on his giant sledge being pulled by hogs would do nicely too.
                        fixed

Comment

Originally posted by JulianD
                          Hogfather is gone ?
                          Stupid Auditors! They hired Teatime when they should have hired French police.
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Working...
                          X