Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can isaa'ah be a masdar of aasa\ (IV of asa\), or of asaa'a (IV of saa'a) only?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can isaa'ah be a masdar of aasa\ (IV of asa\), or of asaa'a (IV of saa'a) only?

Discuss
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

WTF Heresson?
    “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
    - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

What effect does an intravenous injection of asa\ or saa´a have and what the hell does this have to do with a master named isaa´ah?
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
      Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Uh, isa'ah means "making harm" if it comes from asa'a verb. But if it comes from asa verb, it means "making peace". Altogether it makes me dizzy and confused. It seem the first option is more correct when it comes to grammar (but the author wasn't the master of grammar), but I find the second option a bit more fitting into context.

In general it is about Christopher, the patriarch of Antioch. A revolt (against Sayf ad-Dawla) in this city broke out, and patriarch didn't want to participate in it, so he moved away from it to the monastery of St Simeon, which is between Antioch and Aleppo. Aleppo remained loyal to Sayf ad-Dawla, and two cities were fighting endlessly, until Sayf ad-Dawla returned.
        But the important part is that Al-Ahwazi, one of the leaders of the revolt, wanted to make isa'ah to the patriarch, but he "wasn't moved" and remained in the monastery. Now it can be understood in various ways. Either they wanted to make harm to patriarch from the beginning, this was the true reason of his departure. Or they wanted to convince him he should participate in their revolt (and were either threatening him to do so, or "wanting to make peace" with him for the same reason).

oh, btw, they killed him as soon as Sayf ad-Dawla was dead.
        "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
        I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
        Middle East!

Comment

Asaa'a (IV of saa'a) only, IMO.
          THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
          AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
          AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
          DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

This begs for a Colonization scenario to be made out of it!

Comment

Asatru

Comment

WTF is... any of that.

Comment

Working...
                X