A thing that annoys me

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A thing that annoys me

I hate when every murder is called "shocking", "brutal", "beastial", "cruel" etc on tv, even if a guy is simply shot. That is simply wrong. If every murder will be called disgusting, how will we distinguish a really filthy murder from it?
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

You just answered your own question.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

This is just a coverup of the CC to cover up to let it's cruilty seems normal
      With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

I'd like to see the newscasters say the shooting is routine and the victim deserved it.

I think the reason is to show some sympathy on the part of the newscasters seeing as they deliver the news strait with no emotion, they have to show they don't support such actions.

Comment

I think mormons are involved. Their activity rises in winters, when the sun is weak.
          "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
          I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
          Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Dis
            I'd like to see the newscasters say the shooting is routine and the victim deserved it.
            Well, isn't that more or less what is implied if the victim is non-white in redneck areas ?
            With or without religion, you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.

Steven Weinberg

Comment

And I thought this would be about naggers.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Who isn't annoyed by those?

Comment

I think we are way to complacent about any type of killings these days because it has become the norm.
                  Welcome to earth, my name is Tia and I'll be your tour guide for this trip.
                  Succulent and Bejeweled Mother Goddess, who is always moisturised yet never greasy, always patient yet never suffers fools~Starchild
                  Dragons? Yup- big flying lizards with an attitude. ~ Laz
                  You are forgiven because you are FABULOUS ~ Imran

Comment

Re: A thing that annoys me

Originally posted by Heresson
                    I hate when every murder is called "shocking", "brutal", "beastial", "cruel" etc on tv, even if a guy is simply shot. That is simply wrong. If every murder will be called disgusting, how will we distinguish a really filthy murder from it?
                    This is a good point.
                    For me, if I'm pushing the Buyers, I can't say everything is hot. If everything is hot, nothing is hot.
                    If every murder is "shocking" or "brutal", though it likely is, it gets lost to our outrage.
                    Kind of a strange thing to think about. It is always brutal, but we're talking of gradient terms. Murder is murder. The outcome is the same, though the method differs. Taking that into consideration ups the ante on uttering brutal.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Working...
                    X