Al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah

He seems like a very complex historical figure. He ordered teh killing of dogs

Also, persecution of Christians increased in his time. I wonder if it had anything to do with teh general resentment towards Christians during teh Byzantine reconquests, and with teh economic downturn in Egypt making church confiscations more attractive.

Seems like a bit of a nutjob, IMO - he went around teh bazaars with his servant Mas'ud who he ordered to beat up teh merchants who cheated their customers. Or so teh fables go. It might not be true
    THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
    AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
    AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
    DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Shiva, You little *****
    If You want to steal my threads, do it right. Mas'ud wasn't beating merchants, he was raping them
    "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
    I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
    Middle East!

Comment

I must have heard a different version of teh story

Which one is true?
      THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES

Comment

Mine
        Middle East!

Comment

WTF is Al-Hakim whatshisname?
          I love being beaten by women - Lorizael

Comment

Allah's snack bar!

Comment

Al-Hakim bi-Amr Allah was the sixth Fatimid caliph.
              I will make a thread about him later on, which will be the summary of my master degree that I'm writing about his attitude towards christians.
              Middle East!

Comment

Don't make a new thread, just use this one

Sorry! Teh administrator has specified that users can only post one message every 30 seconds.

Comment

Off to the History Subforum with thee!!

Comment

Don't be so cruel
                    Middle East!

Comment

Working...
                    X