Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A&E's new original comedy: Paranoral State

Good Lord! AWESOME!

Anyone here fortunate enough to have seen this? It's about some college kid and his army of followers who investigate the "paranormal". In the first episode, it was an autistic psychic kid who can see dead people. In the next episode, Belial (the demon) is on a rampage and after the chief investigator kid.

The kid's cheesy voiceovers read like a terrible Star Trek "captain's log" take-off. There's so much wrong with this show it's hard to know where to start.

The demon-banishing while standing on a canoe in the lake was classic too. And the holy water -- IT SOLVES EVERYTHING. Poor the bottled holy water all over the walls!

This week's episode had an all-powerful demon "attacking" a trailer park, specifically a family who clearly has mental problems. Also, the demon is also after the annoying chief investigator kid. The proof? The 300 pound man in a trailer full of dozens of other people and camera equipment is getting warm! It must be Satan himself at work!

Best unintentionally funny show in a long, long time. Consistent gold. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Random quotes from the episode I just saw regarding placing motion detectors and cameras to catch the demons in the act!:
    "We're strategically placing them to avoid false readings"
    2 seconds later: "Lets put one in the hallway"

The next day:
    Random investigator kid: Whoa! The motion detector went off! Should we check the cameras to see if we caught anything?

Chief investigator kid: What would the cameras prove? Didn't we all see the motion detector go off? Isn't that enough? C'mon, now, remember our goal is to take the "scient" out of "scientific investigation." No mere machine can capture the spooky feelings and chilly spots we know are real!
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

I seriously can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.

I vote sarcastic coz you never get this excited.
    be free

Comment

I seriously can't tell if you're being sarcastic or serious.

I vote sarcastic coz you never get this excited.

You seem like the kind of person who would like the show.

Comment

You're good at getting yourself wrong aren't you Wiglaf?
        be free

Comment

"The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
          Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Working...
          X