Apple gets rumour site shut down

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Apple gets rumour site shut down

ExtremeTech is the Web's top destination for news and analysis of emerging science and technology trends, and important software, hardware, and gadgets.

Popular Apple Rumor Web Site to Shut Down
    By Reuters

SAN FRANCISCO - Apple Inc and a popular Web site that published company secrets about the maker of the Mac computer, the iPhone and the iPod have reached a settlement that calls for the site to shut down.

Apple and the site, ThinkSecret.com, settled the suit, which Apple filed in January 2005, and no sources were revealed, Apple and ThinkSecret said in statements.

College student Nick Ciarelli, ThinkSecret's publisher, said he plans to move on. He started the site at 13.

"I'm pleased to have reached this amicable settlement, and will now be able to move forward with my college studies and broader journalistic pursuits," he said in his statement.

Cupertino, California-based Apple filed its suit after ThinkSecret published details of a stripped-down Macintosh computer called the Mac mini two weeks before the product was launched formally.

"We are pleased to have reached this amicable settlement and happy to have this behind us," an Apple spokesman said.

It's kinda like the time they threatened to sue a 9 year old child for setting a letter to Apple with a wishlist of features.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Loser thread
    In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

So did he get money to shut it down or what?
      If its no fun why do it? Dance like noone is watching...

Comment

I'd hope so.
        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

Re: Apple gets rumour site shut down

At least, that's the rumor.
          Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
          "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Re: Apple gets rumour site shut down

Originally posted by Asher
            ExtremeTech is the Web's top destination for news and analysis of emerging science and technology trends, and important software, hardware, and gadgets.

Popular Apple Rumor Web Site to Shut Down
            By Reuters

SAN FRANCISCO - Apple Inc and a popular Web site that published company secrets about the maker of the Mac computer, the iPhone and the iPod have reached a settlement that calls for the site to shut down.

Apple and the site, ThinkSecret.com, settled the suit, which Apple filed in January 2005, and no sources were revealed, Apple and ThinkSecret said in statements.

College student Nick Ciarelli, ThinkSecret's publisher, said he plans to move on. He started the site at 13.

"I'm pleased to have reached this amicable settlement, and will now be able to move forward with my college studies and broader journalistic pursuits," he said in his statement.

Cupertino, California-based Apple filed its suit after ThinkSecret published details of a stripped-down Macintosh computer called the Mac mini two weeks before the product was launched formally.

"We are pleased to have reached this amicable settlement and happy to have this behind us," an Apple spokesman said.

It's kinda like the time they threatened to sue a 9 year old child for setting a letter to Apple with a wishlist of features.
            Im glad its settled that college students are like 9 yo's.
            "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
            X