Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many Brits does it take to change a light bulb?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many Brits does it take to change a light bulb?

1 Per Step?

This is a serious list provided by the government of the UK:

AWESOME.
    "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
    Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

There's an error there somewhere. It should read "rip out all your light fittings and replace with organic beeswax candles".

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus
      There's an error there somewhere. It should read "rip out all your light fittings and replace with organic beeswax candles".
      click on the link, you'll see its a guide for guys working on the premises of Parliament, or something, its not for the general public.
      "A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

What happens if you don't use a sturdy box?
        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Step 9 is confussing
          Monkey!!!

Comment

our taxes at work.
            "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
              Step 9 is confussing
              It is, if you don't have a label and pen you are only allowed to use a piece of paper. Due to how a pen is explicitly required for the label, how are you supposed to identify this as broken glass without a pen? Gouge yourself with a piece of paper and use blood? If this required so much money, they should have thought it through properly
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

They shouldn't of tried to identify what to label the box with, doing so even sounds dumb. It's like saying "write your name, not 'your name', but whatever your parents named you, unless you have had it legally changed, but only if it was legally changed by a country recognized by the country you are in... oh, and use a writing device to write, such as a pen or pencil, your name."
                Monkey!!!

Comment

I expect the picture was cropped above the footnotes.

Comment

Two. One to give the order and one to beat the Irishman into working.

Comment

ah yes

litigation lurking around every corner resulting in a huge war between bureaucrat's and lawyers.

lots of tax dollars being spent(and made) in that war

Comment

Originally posted by Japher
                        They shouldn't of tried to identify what to label the box with, doing so even sounds dumb. It's like saying "write your name, not 'your name', but whatever your parents named you, unless you have had it legally changed, but only if it was legally changed by a country recognized by the country you are in... oh, and use a writing device to write, such as a pen or pencil, your name."
                        ...people like to cry a lot... - Pekka
                        ...we just argue without evidence, secure in our own superiority. - Snotty

Comment

Originally posted by Riesstiu IV
                          Two. One to give the order and one to beat the Irishman into working.

Do keep up. We have Poles to do manual labour these days.

Comment

Do you beat the Poles yourself or has that been subcontracted?
                            "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                            "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Cort Haus

Do keep up. We have Poles to do manual labour these days.
                              I only read British literature from the 1880s.

Comment

Working...
                              X