Christmas shopping: are you done?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Christmas shopping: are you done?

I have yet to start. I don't have too much to buy this year though.

I don't wait till the last moment, but I do wait till the next to last moment.

We are celebrating xmas saturday as my brother has to work on xmas. He usually works on xmas and it's annoying as we don't have enough time to open preasants. so this year we are doing it saturday.

Which means I need to get my shopping done tomorrow. I should have done it today. But I turned on the computer and... well here I am. Usually when I know I have something important to do, I force myself not to turn on the computer. I get distracted and don't get what I need to get done.

But I'll do it tomorrow, honest. I also need to drop off some old computer junk. I heard Best Buy has a bin out front to drop off computer stuff to recycle. And I have lots of junk to get rid of. I'll do that while I do my xmas shopping.

Finished it weeks ago.
    "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
    "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Wezil
      Finished it weeks ago.
      Same.
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I hate you.

Comment

Must finish my exams first; I'll begin my Christmas shopping... friday
          bleh

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
            I hate you.
            What if one of the gifts is for YOU?

It isn't
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

I celebrate Buddhist Christmas. I buy nothing for my friends. I buy nothing for my family. I buy nothing for everyone.

Give the gift of nothing and ask for nothing in return.

Comment

Originally posted by Zkribbler
                I hate you.
                I do believe we had a thread about this several weeks ago. It's not our fault if you didn't see the thread and/or realise the wisdom of finishing early.

Be angry with yourself. You don't really hate us - it's called envy.
                "I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow
                "I didn't attend the funeral, but I sent a nice letter saying I approved of it." - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Blake
                  I celebrate Buddhist Christmas. I buy nothing for my friends. I buy nothing for my family. I buy nothing for everyone.

I'd like that (minus the silly buddist bit) except I have family members still consumed by the silliness of christmas. I take part to preserve family harmony.

Comment

I'd like that (minus the silly buddist bit) except I have family members still consumed by the silliness of christmas. I take part to preserve family harmony.
                    Your family has harmony at Christmas time .

I like saving people form the awkward moments of pretending to be grateful for receiving things they don't want/need and from having to say that lamest of lames "It's the thought which counts".

Comment

I ask for specific gift requirements. My family members know what was on their "list" and are not at all surprised (except my brother who can't remember what he asked for come christmas). They are also not disappointed as they invariably get something they want/need.

Comment

I'm not started. Tomorrow, I hope.
                        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Finished it weeks ago.
                          same

Comment

Bought all online. It was wonderful.
                            Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                            "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                            He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Blake

I'd be happy to do this but I can't persuade the family, despite me asking for nothing until they get offended and I have to ask for something.

My GF and I exchange nothing, but for skint reasons, not religious ones.

Comment

Working...
                              X